Wish List for The Flash Ad Creator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by laughingbird, Mar 27, 2006.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hello Flash Ad users.

I'm looking for some feedback for The Flash Ad Creator.
    Would you kindly post any items you would like us to include for a future release of The Flash Ad Creator.

I'd love to hear what you think would make the software rock.

Keep in mind, the software is "The Flash Ad Creator" ... not the Flash website creator. The specific function of the software is to create Ads for your site. What features would make each Ad better?

Currently, v2.0 IS in the works. Its about done.
    We've successfully created a "stand alone" .swf output option (no need to have the assets folder). Also, you can now change the size, and coloring of the text - and each ad is now clickable to the specified URL (during the entire time the Ad is playing, not just at the end).

Post your thoughts!

- Marc
  2. snoods

Message Count:
    I think that has the main faults on V1 covered Marc.

Font Selection
    Font Sizes & Colours
    Ability to Specify the size of the ad.
    Single file output.
    A selection of Text & Photograph animation and / or transition types.
    Sound Capabilities (Nice but not essential as they can be added on the website)

I think that would do for most users to be able to create some personalised ads.
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    great input and I think if you do a search you'll find that most of your wishes or maybe all will be granted shortly.
  4. Mark_e

Message Count:
    I think the ability to re-size any of the templates is a MUST
  5. suzy

Message Count:
    Wish It Would Allow This

Well, I just purchased The Flash Ad Creator and wish I had read the forum first.

I see there is a new version coming out with additional features. One thing that needs to be addressed is where the template has a number of products or services - most are 3 or 4 ... but what if you only have 2 - which is what I have. I see no way of removing the extra products/services. Can something be done so that you could delete or add additional ones if needed?

I'm sure that I will be able to use this at some point, but after looking at it on the site, I felt sure that I would be able to use it for this project, but can't.

Hope the new version comes out soon! And, I hope I didn't waste my money on something I won't be able to use!

Have A Great Day!
    Suzy
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    [​IMG] Suzy, great input! In your case maybe you could include customer service to fill the product line until Marc can make it happen.
  7. Tmheis

Message Count:
    The layout of the actual program has me scrolling to fill out the needed boxes at the bottom. I know, sounds like a lazy person whining, but maybe you'll be able at some point to bring the layout from a tall skinny rectangle to a short, wide rectangle, much like a computer screen itself...thereby making the program options accessible without scrolling down. Or at least have the option to change the size of the box. I hope this made sense to you.

I've had great success with it, even given the limitations. I have no problem resizing my own images to fit the image sizes given, etc. I've had to get creative because I have to shorten nearly ALL the text I insert and sometimes have to pick a different template because of those limiations. Still takes me less time than it would doing them from scratch and that's why I bought it in the first place. Thank you!
  8. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Tmheis -
    I appreciated your feedback!

I'd love to see what you've created with The Flash Ad Creator.
    Can you post a few links?

Also, v2.0 is just around the corner.
    I have an additional 40 ads to put into the software (bringing the total to 100 customizable Ads!) - but I felt a need to re-work some of the new ones.

We've also created longer text fields - a "Stand alone .swf" output option (no more need for the Assets folder) and a few other goodies!
    v2.0 will be free to those of you have the current version.

Hang tight.
    It's coming!

I've been listening intently to the posts here in the forum.
    All of them (all of them!) have been heard.

- Marc
  9. Techno

Message Count:
    Purchased Flash Ad Creator today, and i agree with the comments above, there is one other thing i would like to see.
    A good tutorial, unless there is one that i have missed?

If there is one can someone point me in the right direction please :eek:)
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    You can click on "instructions" and get a good ball park of most of what you want to know for the current edition.
  11. gpraize

Message Count:
    I would also like to see the option where I don't have to use the templates if I don't want to (similar to logo creator).

Also, when I import pictures it turns out looking TERRIBLE in the actual flash. Please fix that.
  12. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    workaround

There is a work around for the resizing problem. Only would a take a min or two.
    Find the template you want and export it with the current picture it is using. Look at the exported pic find the current dimensions, then resize your pix accordingly.

When you redo your Flash AD banner and exported with your info. the pix should look better.

Irfanview is a good program and its free too :D
    http://www.irfanview.com/
  13. gpraize

Message Count:
    I would also like to be able to add sound files and synch flash with sound.
  14. BradC_WA

Message Count:
    Need more space for words! Currently I can barely get 2 words per page. Yes, I use big words. When you have such a limited space you have to choose powerful words, which too often don't fit. On one template I used "Productivity" and it cut off the last 4 letters ... that's crazy!

Need more space for company name ... my business name won't fit! Not good.

Font selections ... size, color, type, etc.

The ability to choose how many pages flash ... hate being stuck to 3 products or services. Need the flexibility for 2 or even 10, and everything in between.

Maybe I don't want to promote a product/service at all, but instead promote the benefits to doing business with me or purchasing one of my products.

Need more space for words. I know I already said this, but it's very important. Especially need more space on first page to introduce the flash pages to come and the last page where I'd want to put contact information.

Control over the speed. Maybe I want a 4 second wait from the first page to the 2nd page, then a 2 second pause between the next pages with a 6 second pause on the last page with my contact info so they have time to write the information down. Fact is, most people won't sit and watch it over and over again to get the contact info.

The URL link is ONLY on the last page. Would want the "option" for it to be on all pages so at any point if I've captured their attention they can just click on it and jump to my site, or sub-page in my site. In the same respect, would want the option to turn this off completely.

Resizing is critical also. Maybe I don't want a 328 x 60 banner (for example), but a 700 x 400 Header Graphic with flash that compels my viewer to surf my site. Or maybe I want to just point out a few benefits of doing business with me with the space on my site where I'd want it is 300 x 127 ... I need the ability to size it.

Okay, off the top of my head, those are the things I feel it needs.
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi BradC,
    Thanks for your comments.

Version 2.0 IS on the way - truly, it is!

Most of your wish list items have been addressed:

- More space for company names

- Font selections ... size, color, type, etc.

- Control over the speed. "Maybe I want a 4 second wait from the first page to the 2nd page, then a 2 second pause between the next pages with a 6 second pause on the last page with my contact info so they have time to write the information down."

- The URL link is now available throughout the ad.

Hang in there programmer BradC.
    This update will be free to all current users of The Flash Ad Creator

- Marc
  16. AgileMktg

Message Count:
    Hello all.

I got the FAC today so I could work with my client who wants to put flash ads up on the site we're doing with him. He wants to use FAC to put up a mini commercial on the site.

We're looking to be able to add VO and background music to his ads, sync'd with specific pix. I haven't played with FAC at all yet on my machine, but in reading the forum I see similar requests from other users. Great to know you're moving in that direction - my client is in love with FAC, and really wants to be able to use the extra features down the road.

I'll go through the tutorials and stuff and learn as much as I can so I can be an educated pain in the neck. :grin:
  17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thanks for your post Scott!
    Welcome to the forum.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

- Marc
  18. Chas Roberts

Message Count:
    Well, since no one seems to have asked; I'll request the ability to "Save AS". It seems as though you have to recreate your ads from the beginning, (sort of ad-libbing if you will — pardon the pun) and this is a bit tedious.

I would also like the abilty to include a music loop, as well as miniscule videos. (This would be great!) Would it be possible to have a template that merely housed user specified graphical elements? and rotated them according to time parameters set within the "script"? Add to that the ability to link to an URL from each panel and you'd have an astoundingly cool tool!

In addition, as others have said, some control over the size of the ad (perhaps a few standard sizes), and the size and other font characteristics would be superb.

While we are at it, could we possible control the color scheme of the template if not each individual element?

This is fantastic software and with a few more relatively easy to implement fixes and features will be a top seller.

I too, am a windows developer, and I realize the work Marc has done here - many hours - good feedback from customers and the ability to be nimble and follow through will make the next version A-1.

Your Pal, Chas
  19. Mr Woodee

Message Count:
    Potentially a Great Program

After searching for 2 days for affordable flash creating software I purchased the
    Intro & Banner creator from Amerisoft but found I could not insert images other than a background . I went out searching again , and when I found FAC , I dug into my account reserved to pay eBay seller fees to add this to my arsenal . I have to admit I am very disappointed in the lack of options available ,particularly with text and effects . With most templates I cannot even get the entire name of my business or products into the ad . I've been reading ALL the threads , and everyone has great suggestions for improvement and I look forward to the much alluded to V2.0 . If you could just take all of the functions in Amerisoft Intro & Banner ( or at least the most useful ) and combine with the current FAC , you'd have one killer software and blow all the competition out of the water . Judging from the length of time V2.0 has been just around the corner though , I just hope it happens in my lifetime .
  20. crkr

Message Count:
    Hello

feedback so far

ill post the good stuff as i experiment more here are some points

The upload to web wont work for those that normally ftp there stuff

9/10 users wont know the ip address
    Username and password wont access server i use
    they require hosting names such as hosting4.123-reg.co.uk

login denied when full url and password details entered

word wrap does not appear to work as per previous version template 47 and 56 tried, the ability to wrap words will let customers enter more details.

Ability to custom re-size for those who would know how to do it in FP/Dreamwaver/Coldfusion/Fireworks etc would be a plus point.

some short words example City - would be nice to increase font passed 28 if required

ill keep posting Marc, good points tomorrow