Windows 7 64bit / No Templates

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by mak, May 28, 2012.

1. mak

Message Count:
    Hi, i just bought the Logo Creator Software, but i have no Templates to select. I have read the FAQ, but i didn´t have the Folder which is described there? What can i do, to run the software?
  2. mak

Message Count:
    Next Problem: When i start the software, ist says: Your preview will expire on 06/27/2012. But i have bought and register the software today. What´s wrong?
  3. Marnie Nemcoff

Message Count:
    I am having the same issue. Downloaded it twice, no templates, no graphics. Very difficult to use. I'd love some help with this as well.
  4. Steve D

Message Count:
    Same problem here! I see that no one has a solution posted. Where do I get a refund?? I don't have time to mess around with software that doesn't work!
  5. Steve D

Message Count:
    "everything should have been in your documents directory. " Huh?? Don't see anything there related to Logo Creator or LaughingBird..... It doesn't even show up in control panel Programs and Features for uninstall...

Is this forum the extent of their support??? I have emailed support two times now and gotten nothing back. I suppose the name of the company is fitting... LaughingBird!

Will be filing a complaint with PayPal. This is a joke!
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    What was the size of your original download? I ask, because as I have mentioned previously the upgrade version of TLC is a 232MB download.

Now for your missing templates and element libraries:

On my computer this is where I installed the basic program files (the executable, and other stuff):
    C:\logo 6 test\The Logo Creator v6. I've moved the stuff in the below attachment all around my computer-- even notice I actually installed it in a folder I called "logo 6 test".

Within that directory you should see 3 folders and 3 files: logo library.JPG

Your logo templates and element libraries must be in the location depicted below (the exact same location depicted below), if they aren't, you will still be able to open up TLC but the program will think you don't have any templates or elements to work with: C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents

Of course on your computer "Glenn" would be whatever your name is.

TLC only looks in the "Laughingbird Documents" folder for the templates and element libraries- the program does not have the ability to look anywhere else- that's why the location of the element and template libraries is so critical!
    logo2.JPG

TLC is a very clean install- it leaves your system registry alone. That's why you don't see it in the programs/features in control panel. Wanna uninstall it? just delete 2 directories, bam. done

I don't work for Laughingbird Software, I'm just a "super mod" who has been using the software since 2003. In fact, all of the ADMINS and MODS on the forum volunteer their services.

I sure hope this helps.
  7. Steve D

Message Count:
    qcuneo2,

Re: size of file, the email I received from LB indicated a file size of 232MB, and that's what size my file is.

Your explanation of where the laughingbird folders "should be" located allowed me to track them down and move them. The app is now finding the templates and graphics, so thank you for that.

In this day and age though, a person shouldn't have to track down folders and move them around to get an app working....

Thanks for your volunteer help. You got me going.
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, Thank you for responding. I am a little unclear about where to move the files. Do I go to "Start" and right click "Explore" and try to moves these files together. Is that what you are saying. I am trying to figure out exactly how and where to moves these files.

Also, do I create a new folder altogether? I do see in the "Explore" directory the "Libraries" folder and the "Logo Elements". Do I create a new folder and then put these two folders inside the file? I just need the explanation a little more detailed. I feel like I am missing some steps.

Thanks, Dianne
  9. IanConstable

Message Count:
    Hi guys
    I have the same problem and my Logo Libraries and Elements are in the right place BUT still no templates when I start programme. Any advice?
  10. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, it is Dianne. Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Just copy you "LaugingBird" folder to your "My Documents" Folder. Try that and tell me what happens.
  11. sarabi

Message Count:
    ;) This works for me, and I hope this will help you too...

After I the purchased The Logo Creator v5.2.
    And used this Nice software at my (old) Windows XP computer.

I bought a new computer with Windows 7.

My solution of installation to my new computer
    of The Logo Creator v5.2 and install the upgrade v6 too.

After I turned on my new computer with Win7 ;-)
    I changed the location of the My Documents folder
    from the standard location C:\
    to my (new)created partition F:\(My) Documents

They are now located at my F:\ partition:
    (my) documents, images, music, video etc.

After installation of the Logo Creator software
    I copied the folder C:\User\Documents\Laughingbird Documents

To my (new)created partition F:\Documents\ folder.

When I load "the logo creator v6"
    I get the correct settings
    Select a Template Set
    My Templates

So, when you have changed your standard location of
    the "Documents folder"
    to an other partition at your Windows computer.

Copy the complete folder "Laughingbird Documents"
    to the partition of your "Documents folder"

Good Luck :)
  12. william morin

Message Count:
    How do I get the templates to open up in V6, all I get are the normal ones that come with the package but the ones I purchased like people and the 3d templates do not show up. How can i bring them to the v6 template. When I click on templates I just get the logo templates?
    Thanks for helping
  13. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    The people pak and 3d stuff, are not templates, they are elements. They show up in the SELECT SETS OF IMAGE ELEMENTS pull down menu!

image.JPG