1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Why wont my ebook software work any more?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by strategic, Sep 19, 2009.

1. strategic

Message Count:
    I finally decided to dust it off and try again to make covers with this expensive and impossible software, with no users manual, and now find that the *bleeping* software freezes up when its supposed tobe taking the photo of the ecover.... this has been going on for months, and I cant find any help for it on the forum...

So what the heck is going on with this expensive software that I havent even begun to use?????
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
  3. strategic

Message Count:
    already been there, but there is no link to the update information...
  4. strategic

Message Count:
    Just had a look at the manual and its not for my ebook cover.

It looks like there has been an upgrade for what I bought, but no idea where to get it. And am I expected to pay more for this upgrade?

I just want the software I already paid for, to do what its supposed to do, but has stopped doing.
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
  6. strategic

Message Count:
    Thank you for the upgrade download link, but I have tried everything and the download is always incomplete.

Have also uninstalled my original software so that option is now gone for me forever, and this new one just wont download, so now I have zip to show for my $85

Have also wasted many hours scouring these forums for answers to simple question like what to do when download is not completing... and there is no help.

I cant believe this organization depends on unpaid members of a forum to provide the customer service that the organization should be providing its paid up customers.

Not good enough, just not good enough.
  7. Doc

Message Count:
    Exactly which software did you buy for $85. It may be old age dimming my memory but I can't recall any Laughingbird software (apart from Logo Creator 'Mega' packs) costing even half that amount.
  8. strategic

Message Count:
    Product Name eCover Creator
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Order Number [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1620642065
    [/FONT]Price A$83.56

I realize that the replacement/upgrade to this: WGC, is only about $35 but I paid top price when I bought the first eCover Creator years ago, (and was never able to work out how to use it properly because it was sold before they even created a users manual - unbelievable!) which is one of the reasons why I'm unimpressed now that the one at that original expensive price doesn't work, and now I finally get the replacement/upgrade that is only $35 value, and I also can't even successfully complete the download of that one.... a lot of money, to have zero sitting on your desktop.

I gave up on the software years ago, but recently decided I wanted to get at least some value from the money I spent, but it seems destined to be an ongoing pain in the butt that just isnt worth the stress levels I get from anything associated with it.
  9. Doc

Message Count:
    Thanks for getting back to me with the info. I did not realise you were talking Australian dollars for your purchase price. The exchange rate when you bought the software would account for why I was surprised at the cost. I know this is no consolation when you are trying to get up and running so lets see what can be done to get the WGC downloaded. I will contact Marc the owner of Laughingbird Software and explain the problem you are having, he may well have a solution to the problem.
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    I am with Doc on this one...I don't recall ecover ever costing $85 either. I recall that TLC once cost either $69. or $ 79 per edition years and years ago like in 2003...but I don't recall any one product costing $85.
  11. strategic

Message Count:
    still not helped...

The silence is deafening.....

Doesn't anyone have an answer for the software download being incomplete?

Usually it just means the zip file is too large and it times-out before the download completes, but that would have had to be fixed long ago if that was the problem.

How did everyone else get their upgrade/new version? Was it in one download link?
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    Marc as the only person who is associated with Laughingbird software and is the only one that can address your "ecover" issues. I would expect that being there was a problem with the original ecover you would have to get fresh download and do a fresh installation of your original order after starting with a complete clean slate.

Could you be experiencing incomplete downloads because you have an anti-viral or accelerator running?

As I recall the early "ecover" it was important to use one of the 2 recommended unzipping programs either StuffIt Expander or Winzip.

During the rendering of your photo did you add the desired file format ?

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry11?sp=10343&pn=1#q5
  13. strategic

Message Count:
    I was sent the download link to the updated software, so I thought my problems were over, but I cannot download the WGC software, it is incomplete.

I have already uninstalled my old ebook Graphic software in case that was the problem, but it didnt help, and it just means I don't have that version either now.

I used winzip and then rar to try to unzip the download, in case that was the problem, but still get the icons for incomplete download when I look in the opened files.... nothing to click on to install new software.

I need to know what to do to make the new software download to my computer, and get it installed, so that I can get to work on it.
  14. strategic

Message Count:
    Still waiting for a reply from anyone who can help me to get this upgrade download to complete.....

Hellooo.... is anybody home???
  15. Doc

Message Count:
    I know how frustrating this must be for you but as KD-did explained Marc is the only one to be able to put this right. I did send him a pm about your problem and that is as much as I can do.
  16. strategic

Message Count:
    I appreciate your response.... I'll keep waiting til I hear from someone about the problem
  17. strategic

Message Count:
    Well, I have been waiting for help since the 19th of September now.......

I still don't know what to do to get the download from the new link I was sent for the upgrade....

I cant get the complete download from the link.... I think it must time-out or something because its so huge... over an hour to download, then what I end up with is incomplete and nothing opens up...

H E L P ...... anybody with any experience on what to do when the software download is incomplete or times out before the download completes??????

Helene Malmsio
  18. strategic

Message Count:
    Just wanted to update the post, because Marc just sent me another download link that this time DID download successfully, and I have installed it now.

Its a pity it took a few weeks to get the results, but I'm happy to be operational again!

Helene