Why The Font Changes

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by llwwll, May 2, 2006.

1. llwwll

Message Count:
    In V5 the Font changes. Example: when going through the templates and you locate one to work with and it has a font of "script" on it, but when I click on the template to bring up to to full size, the font changed to Impac.
    I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?
  2. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    This is due to changes in the licensing that the font's author makes. New licensing agreements may not have been nogotiated due to unfavorable terms of the new license or perhaps the font's author decided to pull it all together. The reasons can be many. What Marc does in those instances is trys to find a font similar to the font that gets pulled whenever possible.

If you are looking to add more font selection, check out the Resource and Reccomendations section in the forums. A number of links are available there. As always with fonts, be aware of the copyright holders terms for using the fonts. Even "free" fonts may have restrictions.
  3. llwwll

Message Count:
    Thank You! For the reply, so now I can understand whats going on with the fonts.....I will check into the Resource and Recomendations as you suggested.
    Oh! I tried the little dance above and wish I haden't! I should of took you word on being a trained professional.......