1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Why can't I get a response from anyone at Laughingbird??????

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by neil, Jul 27, 2005.

1. neil

Message Count:
    I have requested an LOD (for a refund) several times and still have not received it.

In addition, the form on your site to request a refund DOES NOT WORK.

I've also requested help from PayPal, but you have chosen not to respond to them, either.

When I try to send a Support email, that, too, DOES NOT WORK - I get sent to your Digital River Command Center.

All I ever get are autoreply messages to other emails I send you.

How the heck does anyone get an answer from you???
  2. Texas

Message Count:
    Let Me Try & Help You

Dear Neil,

I want to make sure I understand your problem. You are wanting to
    return software for a refund? I am not familiar with the term LOD,
    I just want to make sure I give you what you are wanting. Let me
    know, I am more than happy to help.

Randy

3. neil

Message Count:
    LOD is a Letter of Destruction (I assume it means that I have destroyed (or will destroy) the software). On the Support page there is a section on billing questions, which also addresses refunds. It contains a link to a page where you can request an LOD to be sent to you - which I would then fill out and return. There are supposed to be 3 pages to the request. It always stops and creates a loop when the 2nd page is submitted, saying I have to check at least one box - but there are no boxes, or anything else to check.

I purchased the software, and I don't like it at all. It's difficult to use - sliders are inaccurate, too many things (ie: shadows, etc) cannot be adjusted, backgrounds are very limited, sizes difficult to determine, don't like having to restart the program after looking at the PR image, no tutorials, help files, or guidance whatsoever - etc, etc, etc.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Neil, send a PM to laughingbird (Marc) he will need to know about the website and he will take care of things for you.
  5. neil

Message Count:
    What good will that do?????????

I have sent him email after email after email. (To a wide range of email addresses!)

I have yet to get anything more than an autoreply.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    A PM is seen immediately when laughingbird comes into the forum. It will function even if there has been a problem with emails and it can't get lost in cyberspace. It also prevents him having to read 500 email before he gets to yours.Besides getting hit with question about the software because people don't come to the forum there are emails wanting to have reciprocal links to Laughingbird productions because of his rankings and then there are the happy users who send Marc their creations....and the incredible SPAM that a #1 site gets ....so his email mailboxes take a beating.
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Neil.
    Thanks for posting here in the forum.

I see that you wrote a letter to me on Friday.
    On Monday - I put in a request for your refund.

I use DigitalRiver for my eCommerce.
    They handle all of my financial transactions. I get so much eMail I simply hit the forward button with questions on refunds or download help.

Sometimes I get questions like "I just downloaded my software. Where is it!?" Or,
    "Hi Marc. I don't have a credit card, or PayPal account and can't send a check. How can I purchase your software?"

I get SO many of these types of letters. I truly apologize Neil for not responding personaly to yours.

No worries on your part. Your order is being refunded and you'll recieve confirmation.

I'm sorry you're so unhappy with the software.
    Wish you would have asked a few questions before jumping ship. Perhaps we could have walked you through some of the issues.

Hang tight.
    Since you purchased via Paypal, DigitalRiver has to go through PayPal and then back to you so it takes a few days longer than if you had used a credit card directly.

- Marc