Which is best/ Import Graphic to TLC or export logo to PS to add image

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by rascal, Feb 11, 2005.

1. rascal

Message Count:
    Just curious. Working on a t-shirt design and have a few questions. Original artwork in PhotoShop, is it best to take my logo from TLC and export it (transparent) to PS and put it on my artwork there, or should I just import my artwork to TLC and build my logo on it in TLC?

This brings up another good question. The finished product has to be 12"X12". I'm not clear on the "canvas" sizing. What are those numbers? Pixels, inches, centimeters? I'm new to this and have about 15 days to "bring it all together". I know my design and have everything laid out, it is just putting the logo on the artwork and getting it to the printer to get it printed. Just a few hints on the canvas size and the finished product size and that first question I had about the artwork would be WONDERFUL!

I have looked through the tutorials (the Create a Badge tutorial is AWESOME!), I have read through the threads, read through FAQ and the entire booklet that came with the software. Really exciting program that I am sure I will use again and again. But right now I'm under the gun and need to work - not hunt and play (which will be fun later!).

Thanks for the help and any advice you can give.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    I, myself usually put everything together using TLC and use the t-shirt program call T-Shirt Creator that comes with Hemera's BigBox of Art (boxed sets) to do tee shirts. Besides the t-shirt creator I got a useful PhotoFont Maker, greeting card maker all included.

With the T-shirt Creator you can do layouts for different sizes and types of t-shirts with and without pockets and front or back..
  3. rascal

Message Count:
    What does the T-shirt program do? It is just an aid for printing? See, I'm actually entering a contest to design a t-shirt, so I don't really need to print one, just design (up to 3) and submit the designs to the contest.

Does the t-shirt program help with the layout? Really, I just have to use a 12"X12" final submission, so I may or may not need the t-shirt program, but I don't know if I don't know what the t-shirt program offers.

Let me know if you don't mind.

Thanks so much.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    I take it that the contest has rules and want PS used. ...I still would do my layout in TLC first and then PS.

I am a novice when it comes to PS but maybe someone will chime in and help you out.
  5. rascal

Message Count:
    Really only rules are you can't use clip art. Other than that you can use any medium (paint, ink, etc.) and must submit 12"X12". I'm not so good in PS, but I photographed my original artwork and can either import it into TLC or export the lettering that needs to go on the artwork.

I just want to know what would be easiest. I want my lettering to look professional, that's why I bought TLC. And professional it will look, if I can just get the lettering onto the graphic.

Just want to do what is easiest. With this site it may be easiest to do it all in TLC and if I have problems, I'll have you wonderful folks to help me through it!

Thanks again for any help you can provide.