What's happening to my exported logo?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Elaine9182, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Elaine9182

Message Count:
    Hi Everyone,

Well, now that I have figured out for the most part how to do everything and really like this program, I have run into a problem. I created a logo today and no matter how I try to export it, some of the features are coming out really grainy. I have attached a copy of what it looks like and it ain't pretty. My canvas size was 230 x 230 and I was trying to export in a GIF originally. If I used the default export option it did not corrupt but the image was not sharp. Can someone please advise? I have been at this for hours and I'm loosing my mind! Thanks
    :image10-1: Hmmm, interestingly enough, I just double clicked on my own attachment after it posted and it does not look grainy but it does in "real life" so to speak. It's hard to tell in the thumbnail but the small black icon in the corner is half gone, the back is bleeding into it and the writing in the middle has the same effect as do the edges of the button. For some reason the words "gift certificates" are unscathed.

Attached Files:

• GC1.gif
      GC1.gif
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
  2. awalck

Message Count:
    Hi Elaine, Check and see what export resolution you are using. Go to EXPORT and the first option down is EXPORT RESOLUTION. I start at 300 dpi for most projects and increase it for some.

Attached Files:

3. Doc

Message Count:
    Hi Elaine, you say your canvas size was 230 x 230 but the image you have attached is 330 x 330 so if your canvas size was not a 'typo' the image has been streched after it was created and this is a common cause of grainy images. I have tried to do an image similar to yours (sorry no old telephone clipart to hand but the wine is never far away) made at 330 x 330. As you can see the sharpest bit of the image is the wine graphic which is an imported vector graphic. The text and the banner both look a little ragged at the edges, if I have time I will try a few things to try to get a sharper output and if I manage to improve things I will get back to you.

Attached Files:

• gc2.png
      gc2.png
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Elaine, I am able to see what you are seeing in "real life" because I did a save as... try changing the black for your text by going over 1 to the left.The look you are seeing is not uncommon when choosing .tgif .To correct the banner appearance if you layer one on top of the other...the black edges will not be affected. The black on that banner is the same as the one that is causing the black text issues when exported as a .gif . Oddly enough it is a situation where the same graphic isn't affected the same way on all computers ... hardware such a "graphic cards" and display settings vary from computer to computer which can affect appearances.

Elaine, what are your "DISPLAY" settings?