What types of logo elements would you like to find in an Expansion Pack?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by KD-did, Mar 17, 2005.

1. KD-did

Message Count:
    Beyond more orbs and swooshes as logo elements what other suggestions would you like to make? I, myself would like some wing/s design elements.
  2. MODCreations

Message Count:
    I would Like to see: 1.

1. A motorsports/sports Themed Expansion Pack.
    2. A vehicle Themed Expansion Pack.
    3. A Members Themed Expansion Pack based on some forum members designs.
  3. denhom

Message Count:
    I'm with Katie; and I would like to see some elements that are more classy, less cartoonish, even more suited to the staid corporate world.

I would really appriciate it also, if they were fully capable of being coloured as we used them. That might mean they are pretty much black and white, but, if they colour up well, that would be ideal.
  4. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    The motorsport/sports idea took the words out of my mouth. They don't have to be cartoonish either, like a common bat and baseball. a plain stock car silhouette etc. Maybe some embedded textures.
  5. Shelly

Message Count:
    maybe some more "cut out shapes" where one can cover parts which one doesnt want.

Attached Files:

6. Gravy

Message Count:
    I believe those would be masks Shelly. I agree a few masks of various round, square, rectangular and ovoid shapes. I've been working on making my own out of fonts.

Katie, you asked a very tuff question it's hard to settle on just a few things. I'm with you guys on the motorsports/sports. I'd also like to see a few trees and flowers. A few generic facial features would be handy such as eyes, lips/mouths, noses and ears. I know it sounds silly but I am picturing using TLC to make a Mr. Potatoe Head. So a few props to make it easier would be handy. It would also be a good way to let children experiment and learn to use the program.

It sure would be nice to have drag and drop functionality from my shape and font files but I realize that is not the scope of this thread.
  7. Flotsom

Message Count:
    I'd like to second Shelly's idea of cut out shapes that would add versatility to the use of the existing objects.

Perhaps also some new shapes such as "tear drops", "splatters", "cylinders", or even "crystals". A right sided triangle and an arc might come in handy as well.
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    I'd like more shapes and how about lines of varied widths?
  10. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Having just spent a fair amount of time trying to rework my avatar, I found that it was difficult to make text appear to wrap around the face of an element. Using the circle option was close, but not quite right. It would be really cool to be able to get text to go around an orb horizontally! For example making the word "Aviation" go around the globe ... :)
  11. Gravy

Message Count:

I agree it would be a nice feature. I did come up with a work around by making the letters bigger in the middle or on one side. It takes more time because you have to enter the letters one or two at a time but it can be done.
  12. Flotsom

Message Count:
    work around

Hey Gravy, that's very cool!

I forget that so much of graphics is optical illusion ... our brains fill in the missing pieces making 2 dimensional pictures take on 3 dimensional aspects.

I wonder what kind of generator would be needed to calculate that in the same way the current circle command works?

Meantime, thank you once again for the tip.

You know, that would be a great post for Hints and How To. :)
  13. Gravy

Message Count:
    Thank you, maybe someone could expand on it.
    I have another thought also.
    The effect you are looking for could probably be done in photoshop or paintshop pro very easily and then exported as an image to be used in TLC.
  14. Flotsom

Message Count:
    !?!! ( hear sound of Tim the Tool Man when given an eye opening idea!)

'course if you didn't watch "Home Improvement" that wouldn't mean much ... :)

And again ... "thank you!"
  15. Gravy

Message Count:

I'm working on a short tutorial for curved text and will post it in the how to thread as soon as it is finished.
  16. KD-did

Message Count:
    "I'm working on a short tutorial for curved text and will post it in the how to thread as soon as it is finished." That would be great.

I am going to add a few basic shapes here. They will color decently but they are rather flat...no depth to them. To use remove white background and then color.
  17. KD-did

Message Count:
    more shapes
  18. Gravy

Message Count:
    Here are a few more that are handy.
  19. Gravy

Message Count:
    and a few more
  20. KD-did

Message Count:
    a pear shape that can be used with a face dingbat...either Face off or Face .There are all sorts of hats and etc that can be added either with clipart or dingbats.It can be used as a body shape or wherever you imagination takes you.