What a disappointment

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by WickedDeath, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedDeath

Message Count:
    After buying the Logo Creator and pack 1 I thought I could count on this company to make quaility products that were fast, fun, and easy to use. I guess the "Easy" part still holds true with this product but the rest have gone to the way side.

What happened to this product? It is absolute *#@!*#@!*#@!*#@!.

It advertises 100's of Flash ads but from what I have seen You can only make 60 from the templates, which by the way are a bunch of varibles of the same one over and over so you actually get about 40.

I do know there is a list of things I CAN NOT do: You can not chose a font style, size, color, adjust the flash speed, change the flash color itself, put in any effects whatsoever, can't save a simple .swf and the list goes on and on. The program screen itself isn't adjustable either and the options disappear so I can't even scroll down to add any images!

$40 spent to add some simple text? Marc You ought to be ashamed to have let this product hit the market in the state that it is. I expected the best from laughingbird and got ripped off. Version 2 won't address enough to fix this product.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    WickedDeath. in the not too distant future...
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    OUch!

... Hi WD.
    Thanks for the post ... I think! :)

I'm sorry you feel this way Wicked. The software was meant to be easy! You find an Ad-template that you like, modify it and use it on your site! The animations (http://www.flashadcreator.com/samples.html) would cost you HUNDREDS of dollars if a Flash designer designed one of you.

With all due respect, the Ads are not duplicated! Each and every Ad is unique and has been created by professional Flash designers!

However, I do understand your issues - and we've been working hard on them (changing font, size and color for example).

Would you mind posting what you would like the software to do? I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

- Marc
  4. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    this program offers simple ads for novice pc users, or designers on the fast go. The fact of the matter is creating or purchasing a flash ad hits the pockets pretty good, even creating one becomes a pain. Believe me I tried.
    I am still trying.

Sorry if things are not up to par for you.
  5. zowie

Message Count:
    Don't mean to chime in on your thread Wicked, here's my want list:

Be able to change font, font color and size.
    Easy import of custom images
    Adjust speed of animation.
    .swf file output

I hope you'll have these addressed with your next update.

-Scott
  6. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    zowie, that sounds fair :D , I have the same thoughts too.
  7. zowie

Message Count:
    I'm seriously behind the eight ball with production . . . this update would be a lifesaver :)
  8. goddbody39

Message Count:
    wicked I must echo your thoughts. It isindeed truly embarrassing to have brought such a poorly developed program to the market. Much of what I have learned by way of HTML and developing, has been offered back to other aspiring developers for free as well as links to direct them to tutorial and educational sites for HTML developing. Thats the standard. It appears that ,ark has other superficial and economic aspirations. It's a disgrace to the HTML Developer Community at large. Well stated Wicky.
  9. WickedDeath

Message Count:
    Sorry it sounds so coarse, I expect better from Laughingbird products is all. You have made an outstanding product with the logo creator and expected alot more than what I got with the flash ad.

My Site is a dark Site http://www.wickeddeath.com and there truely isn't a one of these Ads that I can use "As Is" on My site by just adding some text.

Though the opening flash currently on the front page of my site isn't the greatest, it still is alot better than what I got here and I made it with "In a Flash". Cost about the same as this product did but I can do awhole lot more with it and I am not that verse (Yet) with Flash.

I understand the program is suppose to be simple, yet while it is simple, it is also very lacking. Alot of people might not be verse in Flash but I feel they could of handled alot more customization options than what have been included and people don't need to be "Dumbed down" as much as they have here.

These are the improvements I'd like to see beyond what the others here have stated.

Zowie:

Be able to change font, font color and size.
    Easy import of custom images
    Adjust speed of animation.
    .swf file output

Mine:

1. Resizing option - One that allows the user to have these ads in whatever size they want them in.

2. Sound - Sound would be a nice. something that allows You to add a midi, wav, or mp3. maybe a mouse over?

I truely think the biggest need is the .swf file output. There is no need to have 4 different things uploaded to have a smiple flash appear on Our Sites or whatever.

I do however appreciate You taking the time to reply Marc and to ask for My opinion. I am not by any means slamming laughing bird or Yourself for this product, Some will find it very useful, I on the other hand think it's TOO simple.

Thanks
    Wicked
  10. WickedDeath

Message Count:
    Sorry one more thing that seriously needs addressing is the program window itself. As I stated in the original post the program opens too big and the "menu options" disappear at the top and the bottom menu with the image and text options also disappears at the bottom. My screen resolution is 800x600.
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Wicked.

Nice feedback.
    ... your website cracked me up - it's great.

The part about the site not being for kids was very funny.
    "I was not in the back of that Volkswagon - I recieved none of the pleasure, so I recieve none of the pain ... you're kids are your responsibility!"

... very funny stuff.

As for The Flash Ad Creator - I do see and hear your points. However, what you want is a Flash website-creation tool. The product that The Flash Ad Creator is supposed to be only creates Ads! "Need Money? Use us!" That type of thing.

There are plently of other Flash creation tools on the market that allow you to make sliding text and fading letters (as your opening animation portrays) but this is not the function of The Flash Ad Creator.

I DO want to have the option of exporting as a stand alone .swf file. This is very important. ... but backstage, it's a tough row to hoe!

Thanks for the feedback Wicked.
    I do value it.

- Marc
  12. zowie

Message Count:
    Hey Marc,

Would any options of my "wish list" be added in the next update?

-Scott
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    zowie doesn't this pretty much cover your wish list?
  14. zowie

Message Count:
    Thanks KD,

Missed this post.
    Must have been running low on Folgers :)
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    LOL...I know the feeling..reminds me of something I did for an avatar for myself
  16. Logotastic

Message Count:
    I just purchased The Flash Ad Creator. I worked with it for 15 Minutes and have determined that I might have jumped the gun on spending this money on this software. I have been using Logo Creator for years and have been EXTREMELY happy, and figured this product would also deliver the same quality. Here's the BIGGEST problem, I need a one file swf, not this folder needs attached, and these files, etc. I have other programs that need just one swf file to work, I tried to use my creation in the program and it simply displays the "default" images. Isnt export really an export? It's like you go through all this work to create YOUR swf and you dont really get it. Please fix this soon or give me a way rapidly to make ONE file please, and keep a long time customer happy.
  17. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    Its coming Logotastic :D Marc is working on it.
    like any product in its early stages it improves over time. ;-)
  18. Logotastic

Message Count:
    Cybrnetico- Is there anything I can do in the meantime to take ALL the items and make one file. I am familar with code and can use a command line if need be. I would believe a program MUST be out there that simply "converts" multiple files into a swf. I am checking on Freshmeat now Please give me a time frame for this update so I can act accordingly, I have seen posts on the forum that say it's coming for awhile. Now that I am done complaining, THANK YOU for your quick response to my post!
  19. KD-did

Message Count:
    As a workaround until you can find a more technically correct method is to do what I have done to convert files easily in a different application...........and offer it as food for thought

First let me say that I did this as an experiment to make it so work I did could be shown without having to put it up on a site..to even be able to put it up in a forum or to be able to email them to just about anybody.

I use my screen capture program ( Capture Wiz)to capture the application running ..and then to take SWF files and made them into .AVI files :)

and then I opened with my Jasc Animation shop and was able to make it a gif.....it isn't much but I am happy that I found a way to get things in a common format.
  20. Logotastic

Message Count:
    Kd-Did - Where do I get this Capture Wiz deal? Also I believe if I could get it into a mpeg or an avi I could then covert it to swf....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.