Water Theme Park Logo

Discussion in 'Techniques' started by Worlock, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Heres a couple of designs I submitted for a water theme park that is in the early stages of getting built.

Attached Files:

2. Borpean

Message Count:
    Nice start there Worlock. I like the bird. He's a great character for a water park. The hippo is cool too but the bird (loon??) has more character and people can identify with it easier.

Couple things to keep in mind. Especially for a theme park big or small... keep the design simple and make sure the text can be read from a distance. Even if it's a small park, you want people from their cars to be able to read it quickly.
    For instance, "come ride the waves" needs to really POP. No, thin small font. Keep the effects to a minimum or not at all. Make the layout "compact" i.e more square rather than horizontal like yours. Stack the elements. That way, if you (or who ever is running the park) would like the logo on a shirt or flyer, you want it to fit.
    Have a look at two very popular water parks (attached). It never hurts to learn from the masters, yet give it your own touch. Again I like the bird and the colors.

Good luck!!

3. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Ok Great :D

Hows this for a second try ?

Attached Files:

• ww5.jpg
      ww5.jpg
      File size:
      103.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Actually this is for a plastic sign that is going above the entrance to the ride itself.

It's at Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area Theme Park. aka BLORA.

These are just submittials and when something is agreed on then the tweaks and revisions will be decided on then :)
    But this is what the patrons will see as they enter the area where the ride will be designated at.

5. Borpean

Message Count:
    Perfect! Much better. Really. Don't ya think? Love the bird. Always best to give the client as close to a finished product as you can. They never have the same "eye" or thought that you do... They want it spelled out without having to think.
    Great job though. Keep playing around with it. Type in other theme park rides in google to get more ideas. believe me, it will be very attractive once displayed.

6. MODCreations

Message Count:
    I like the Bird Idea. I would myself be looking at an animal that closely resembles something at the theme park itself. Also I would not use the same font for all the text.

As a Silk Screen Printer I would keep in mind the number of colors, as getting any appearel done usually goes by number of colors. The more the colors the more expensive the job will be. Even if it is shades so try and use basic colors if all possible. Hope this helps.:Painting:

7. shiggs713

Message Count:
    Yes I like bird better as well... Nice revision.

8. Wicked

Message Count:
    I like the hippo.. His eyes make him look very shifty.. Bird has more character agreed but the hippos eyes make me think the ride might be a little wild and crazy rather. The Bird looks more kid attractive though. I would be drawn into the ride as an adult though with the hippo.. Hey this is just me over analyzing the whole thing though.. Either way I like them both.