ver 6 update download e-mail not received

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by kharmachanic, Jun 17, 2012.

1. kharmachanic

Message Count:
    Aloha,
    Trying to downlod the update package for 6.0 - I am currently running 5.2 registered.
    I have sent the Inital E-mail, received and responded to the confirmation E-mail and have not received the e-mail to give me the download..
    am I doing something wrong.
    I did check all mailboxes as suggested..
    thanks
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Question: What email client are you using? Hotmail, Gmail, vmail, vs outlook?
    Question: Do you recall the exact time you responded to the confirmation?
    Question: Are you certain your response is not sitting in your "draft" box? I ask on the last one because I have saved emails as a draft, instead of replying.
    Question: Do you have a "pop-up" blocker turned on? Yeah, I know it's a real "Straw grasper".
    Question: What web browser are you using? I use Firefox, which like all things in life, sometimes hiccups. If I think there is even a slight compatibility issue with anything from a web site, Ill use Chrome, IE, or Netscape Navigator. OK, the last one was a joke--- I do remember paying $60 for it back in 1994 or so, and it came on like 8 floppy discs...

The steps taken for upgrading have changed just a bit since 6.0 of TLC came out (I believe it was May 2nd, at about 445am- but who's remembers that anyway?), and the method I got to use is slightly different than what is available now.

I'm not an expert, but check your email after about 9am this morning. Sometimes all it takes is a human to show up to work and to check "some setting" on a server to see " 246 outbound messages in Cue" and hit a enter key.....
  3. kharmachanic

Message Count:
    I sent another request this morning and it came through..
    used the same method as last night.. never got the ones form last nite.. but its all good now..
    thanks
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    That's what I'm talkin' 'bout WIllis!