v5 to v6 Questions

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Doug Smith, May 2, 2012.

1. Chantelle Line

Message Count:
    I can't update from version 5 to version 6 either. I've tried removing the files from the Documents folder, version 6 says it installs, but when I run the file under Applications version 5 still opens. I paid good money for this upgrade and I can't get it to work, please help.
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    What OS are you using?
    If Windows, read on....

1. Is your version 5.0 installed here? C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v5
    2. Can you locate the upgrade file you downloaded? If so, what was the size of the download? It should have been about 232 MB.
    2. Do you have more than one hard drive?
    3. I have done quite a bit of experimenting, and the upgrade appears to not work if Version 5.0 was not installed in the above location. I've moved my version 5 files all over the place, and can easily duplicated a failed upgrade.

The version 5.0 and version 6.0 are pretty clean installs--- they don't create hundreds of extra files, like DLL's, or tons of registry entries. You are quiet safe by just deleting directory you installed version 6.0 into.

MY RECOMMENDATION:
    1. DELETE the directory you installed 6.0 into.
    1a. DELETE this directory: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Laughingbird Documents
    2. Make double sure version 5.0 is here: C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v5, if you look and it isn't there, make it so!
    3. Reinstall the 6.0 Upgrade file, only after making sure your version 5 directory is in the above location.
  3. Egmond

Message Count:
    Same here... Snow Leopard on my macbook, updater worked hard ... but still the old version here, no files for v6 installed anywhere ...
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Version 6 is a standalone (Laughingbird Documents)and should be placed into the DOCUMENTS folder not installed into the Application folder.

Scroll down here for info on Mac installation.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/faq
  5. VladimirL

Message Count:
    Can't get upgrade e-mail (logo designer). Can't import images to business card creator--messages that appear--upload new image operation failure,after pressing ok,I get --aircontroller copyfile Error#2038.What to do??? Thanks
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
  7. VladimirL

Message Count:
  8. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    WILD IDEA #2!
    Give this a try to take care of the error message. It appears to have something to do with how numbers are formatted on your computer.

Go to Start in the Control Panel Regional and Language Options, then once you open that up, go to "additional settings".

Set the digit grouping and the decimal symbol in the Numbers tab. I recommend choosing the formatting that groups digits in 3's and separates them by commas (123,456,789 for example)
  9. VladimirL

Message Count:
    ha? I don't like this idea. BUT I figured how to resolve this issue ON MY OWN! Guys if someone has the same poblem do this-press windows sign(left bottom corner,desktop),click All Programs,click Logo Designer(expand),right click on Logo Designer and you'll see "Troubleshoot Compatibility" button,press it,done.
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  10. VladimirL

Message Count:
    I've got one more problem left,how to upgrade to v6 if there is no e-mail coming which should contain upgrade link??? I'm using v5 logo designer.
  11. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    That is an excellent idea! I've never considered running TLC in one of the windows compatibility modes!
  12. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    The best I can do on this is have you send Marc (the owner of Laughingbird Software) a message:

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/contact-info/
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    Try a different email address than you have so far.
  14. VladimirL

Message Count:
    I've sent an e-mail to them a couple of days ago,but I think they are all dead,cuz I got no reply.
  15. VladimirL

Message Count:
    Yes I've done that.No email is coming.
  16. VladimirL

Message Count:
    Yes I've done that.No email is coming.
  17. VladimirL

Message Count:
    All business cards are in a horizontal position.Is it possible to turn business card to a vertical position? If not,when this feature will become available? Thanks.