Using TLC fonts in Macromedia

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by reptyl, Dec 16, 2005.

1. reptyl

Message Count:
    Hi,

I saw that the TLC fonts are .cxt files, Macromedia Director protected Cast resource file. From what I understand, you can't open them but it's possible to link them to a macromedia project.
    I'm working a project in Macromedia flash Mx and the TLC fonts appear with a * next to them. They don't appear like they supposed to when I apply them to a text.
    Does anybody know how to link the TLC fonts to a Flash File?

Thanks
  2. blackknight

Message Count:
    Crazy glue, fishing line? LOL I never heard of doing that but if it can be done, our resident guinuses (which I am not one) will be able to help you. You should get a reply shortly. Anyway, the main reason for me replying was to welcome you to the forum. Enjoy your stay, pull up a chair and have a glass of cold water.
    Greg
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    Not being Macromedia wise...your best move would be to locate the fonts and download the fonts into your systems font folder. A quick PM to Marc and he can probably tell you where to locate them.
  4. reptyl

Message Count:
    Blacknight --> Thx for the cool welcome
    KD-did ---> thx mate. I'll try that and let you know what happened.
  5. reptyl

Message Count:
    hi guys i'm still stuck :S
    I tried what you said KD-did and it doesn't work !
    Does anybody have an idea ? why the fonts would be in Macromedia format if they can't be used with Macromedia?! There has to be a solution.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    I would think that it is a situation where Macromedia can handle the files but that they are the files that are not intended to be humanly read in or with Macromedia.Have you tried getting an answer from Macromedia's forum?
  7. reptyl

Message Count:
    no I haven't ! i'm about to ! thanks anyway