Using The Logo Creator to Create an Avatar

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by bluejade, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Dogman

Message Count:
    Were dio i find this in the program "save as" the logo as "avatar.tlc" i have look every were and dont see it.
    I am very new at this.
  2. Lats

Message Count:
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    Sorry guys but the tutitorial pages for making avatars has a problem. We hope that it can be taken care of shortly.
  4. Dogman

Message Count:
    Ok I tryed to make an avatar but you cant see the name or the chopper to well can someone help plz. having a hard time.If you can plz tell what changes were made. :confused:

he is a bigger pic. of it
    http://dfhcrew.nuclearfallout.net/avarar.tics.gif
  5. sereniti

Message Count:
    Okay, my turn to "avatar y'all." Odd thing for me here is that some avatars show up, some do not - for example, I can't see BlueJade's avatar.

Anyway, I've had the software about 2 weeks, added a couple of new sets today, and can't seem to put it away - it's almost 5:30 AM here! And the users here are great! I'm looking forward to learning a new skill - logo creation - over the next several weeks.

Marc, thanks for the great product!
  6. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Hi all!

I feel like the guy who couldn't see the King's new clothes. I don't what the deal is, but there's an awful lot of logos and avatars (especially avatars) that I just can't see when I'm reading these posts.

I'm using Safari as a browser, but I don't have any trouble viewing html's anywhere else ... at least so far. I tried clicking on dragonking's link and all I saw was question marks. Very strange, not to mention discouraging.

Checked my preferences ... looks ok to me. Dunno, but I wish I could see what you all are doing so I could learn how to use my logo creator better.

--Layne
  7. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Are you using a firewall? Some firewalls may have set some defaults if they were upgraded after the JPG exploit was discovered.
  8. Flotsom

Message Count:
    No, I don't believe so. I have Virex loaded just 'cause, but I don't believe it has a firewall as part of it's program. Since I'm running a Mac w/ Panther, I've never been overly concerned about Viruses, and I don't have anything in here worth hacking so I didn't bother looking for a firewall to block anything. Possibly short sighted, but I've been 24/7 on high speed cable for nearly a year with no problems.

Right after I posted, I saw some other posts that indicated some images may have been removed. I can see your Avatar in the upper left corner, so I maybe I'm just not looking where I should. I can be pretty thick sometimes ... :D!

thanks for the reply. :)
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Flotsom.
    Good to hear from another Mac/Safari user!

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong. It sounds like something is misfiring on your end. However, if this forum is the ONLY thing you're seeing with broken images (other pages on other sites show up fine?) then it's something here in the forum you've got turned off.

Can you check your user preferences?
    Click on the "User CP" link at the top of this page. See if there's anything there that is preventing you from seeing what you should be seeing.

Hope this helps some!

- Marc

10. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Thanks for the direction Marc,

Checked out <b>User CP</b>. and everything seems to be in order. Signatures, Avatars, & images are all selected to be viewable.

I think two things might be at work here:

>1) I'm new to this forum, and still somewhat unfamiliar with it's layout (the only other forum I've experienced being Apple's Discussion Forum in the support area)

and

>2) Poor communication skills on my part.

The broken images were at a site connected to an html link in a post that said, "check out these" or something like that. I'm not seeing broken images in this forum itself.

In this forum, I would read something like, "here's what I made, what do you think?" And I wouldn't see anything in the post. Then the next post would reply with something like, "great job!" And I'm thinking ... "bummer, wish I could see what they're talking about!"

I'm guessing since everything seems to be set ok, and you're not seeing anything wrong from your end, that time and experience will work it out for me.

What led me to this particular thread was a desire to create an Avatar for myself, and a need to get some clues as to how to manipulate the images in TLC to create something. (I was thinking along the lines of a great looking cup of coffee ... what I live on :)!

BTW, I've never said how much I really like TLC, it's a great program, and I look forward to getting better at using it. I've already created a couple of logo's for a friend's business, and a potential header for a future website of my own.

Thanks again for the reply

>--Flot

P.S. I also see that I need to learn new html text commands for this forum :D
  11. Flotsom

Message Count:
    And so it begins ...

Okay, so here's my first Avatar ... needs some work to be clearer ... looked better when it was bigger. Some of the detail at the top of the staff (the stick thing in the middle of the Orb) doesn't show up well at thumbnail size, but it's a start.

A big cup of coffee would look better though :), and taste good about now ... think I'll go get one.

Cheers, and thanks for the help
  12. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Well, I figured out how to make that cup of coffee. Which makes the description of my first avatar in the previous post sort of nonsensical, as that avatar has been replaced.

I'd love to get an opinion of the coffee cup, and for a look at some other stuff I've done please check out

www.homepage.mac.com/pousseau

Please keep in mind, this is my very first attempt at a website, and may seem pretty lame as websites go, but the "avatar" page has three images I've made with TLC. and I'll update as I get better.

thanks for any input you care to offer
  13. grafico

Message Count:
    Dead link

Hi Marc

Thanks for the link but unfortunately when clicked the link is showing a 404error: http://www.thelogocreator.com/avatars.html
    just thought you might like to know.

grafico

14. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    Probably because it's a 4 year old post.....
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
  16. grafico

Message Count:
  17. maka1

Message Count:
    Great avatars! congrats. as soon as I create my own I'll let you know. ;)
  18. LucyParker

Message Count:
    heyyyy guys,,,I'm greatly surprised!! so much good stuff,,and interesting works :image28:,,,hmmm I can't make like you:image09: