Urgent help required with FAC 2

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by GotchaVP, Apr 5, 2007.

1. GotchaVP

Message Count:
    Hi Everyone. We're new to the site having just bought Flash Ad Creator, Corporate ID Creator and Logo Creator for the PC.

Everything seems to work fine except for FAC v2. I created the ad and noticed there is nowhere to put in a music track like the examples on the website. This is a concern. However what is more of a concern is that when I export the completed file to the desktop and try and open it I get an error message saying that Flash player 8 R22 has to close. I use firefox and not IE as one of the other posts here. It won't load into dreamweaver it continually says loading and if you try to import the file into Flash 8 to edit it and ad a soundtrack it wont let you.

AAAHHHH. What do i do?

Dean
  2. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Hi Gotcah - welcome to the forum. Hopefully, we can turn that frown upside down!

I didn't know there was the option to add music. I couldn't find anything on it. Can you provide a link? Not sure what to say abou the Flash 8 problem, I don't have the issue, nor can I recreate a problem. I also have had no problem loading into Dreamweaver or Frontpage. I can't say whether or not I would have a problem dropping a file into Flash for tweaking because I haven't found the need for that.
  3. GotchaVP

Message Count:
    Hey Digger2125,

Ok the link to where you can view and purchase ads with sound is Flash templates - The Flash Ad Creator by Laughingbird software

Secondly you have other people posting the same problems in this forum although some appear to be Mac users. I have uninstalled Flash 8 and installed Flash MX which gives you Flash player 6 and it didn't make any difference.

I am really annoyed. I wish I had of bought version 1. everyone says that works fine. Where can I get a free copy so I can try it? How can I design an ad and send it to you so you can view it or not as the case may be. If I can't get this resolved quickly I'll have to ask for my money back.

Dean
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Dean.

I see the confusion.
    The templates you've mentioned above are not linked or used with The Flash Ad Creator.

The templates above can be modified with Flash and Photoshop. You can add sound to them, or use the sound that already comes with them. ... but you need to know how to use Flash (and Photoshop) in order to modify them.

The Flash Ad Creator is a stand alone application. You don't need Flash and you don't need Photoshop in order to use it.
    The Flash Ad Creator does not have an 'add- sound' mechanism. Yet.

As for your "Flash Player 8" error message you mention above, that's odd. I don't think I've ecountered that one.

Can you post your Ad?
    Do you know how to use FTP software? If so, you can upload the ad to your server and point me to the URL so I can take a look at it.

If it's too confusing - please send me a PM (Private Message) and I'll take care of you.

- Marc
  5. GotchaVP

Message Count:
    Thanks Mark but haven't made the website yet.
    Also don't know how to send PMs, couldn't find a link. Sorry.

How far off will it be before you can add music to the program?
  6. wmb460

Message Count:

To PM (Private Message) someone, simply click on the user name, a menu of options will drop down with the PM option!:image16: