Upgrading to version TLC 5.0 from previous versions

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by laughingbird, Feb 23, 2006.

1. KD-did

Message Count:
    There are two "Corporate" one Corporate Edition which should house (Corp 1,2 and 3 combined) templates. Corporate Pak is an empty folder that was creacted only as a working folder during the development stage that was mistakenly left behind....can be deleted if you so choose.
  2. tdvido

Message Count:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
    The charge for your order will appear on your credit card
    statement as DR *Laughingbird Software LLC
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
    Order Date: 13-OCT-03
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Product NameQty OrderedPlatformDelivery MethodPrice The Logo Creator - Corporate Set 31Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XPDigital River$ 69.95 The Logo Creator - Hollywood Set1Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XPDigital River$ 39.95
    Sub Total: $ 109.90 Total: $ 109.90
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    You can always use the the order number and get fresh downloads if you feel you are missing content. Add a folder under Program files for TLC and move just the templates (Logo Libraries) into new folder and elements into a folder "LogoElements"
  4. tdvido

Message Count:
    all of this was freshly downloaded prior to ordering the upgrade..way would it had not transferred with everything else? plus how do i get the new and enhanced logos that go with it and all from the package i bought awhile back?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's different: [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Hollywood Edition" is now called "The Entertainment Edition" It previously contained 26 logos. Now, it has 50!
    This upgrade will add the logos!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Leisure Edition" is now called "The Travel and Leisure Edition" It previously contained 26 logos. Now, it has 50!
    This upgrade will add the logos!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Value Pak" is now called "The Spiritual Edition" It previously contained 26 logos. Now, it has 50!
    This upgrade will add the logos
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Mega Pak" used to contain 250 logos. It now packs a whopping 350 logos into one easy to download set![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    This upgrade will add the logosThe Corporate and Mascot logo sets have also been enhanced and new logos have been added!

This upgrade will update any and all logo sets that you currently have in the version 4.x format!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    There was a Summitsoft retail release of TLC and it has to be updated differently than TLC LBS release.
  6. tdvido

Message Count:
    when i updated today to 4version...it picked it up then? why didn't it when i upgraded to 5v...

Seems like for those who paid $70 for the corporate edition should be getting that or a download to the current one being offered...should i contact customer service because i am not wild about playing around with program files and honestly don't feel like i should have to for what i paid for it. I love the program but surely they will make this right?
  7. tdvido

Message Count:
    These logos were suppose to function with the program..that was the package right..and now the old corporate edition doesn't function with the new program...why in the world wouldn't they just give those of us the new one that does work with the new program? I am not trying to be a pain here but $70 is alot of money and there is not reason why these guys haven't fix this problem or offered to make it right to those who have purchased products that now no longer function with the new program. this just really surprises me given they have a wonderful product.
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    It all has and still should work TOGETHER seamlessly. Installation is key.

Some prefer to keep their different versions ... separate. and can work as standalones, some like to merge their different editions.

What did you use to open zip files? How did you path...as standalones or to merge? Have you done a cool reboot since downloading? What OS Vista or XP...are you aware of any very recent updates ?
  9. tdvido

Message Count:
    I use XP. Installation wise i re uploaded 3v and then updated to 4v...then upgraded to 5v. The only problems i have had is getting the corporate package to upload with 5 and i guess because it doesn't see it i assume it didn't install or update it. I hit the http upload and xp automatically presented me with the setup page for installation..all works fine except for the Corp edition and its enhancements and updates
  10. tdvido

Message Count:
    i also just redownloaded the corp package the problem is i noted nothing is asking for the purchase key? its like it doesn't even see it the new program that is
  11. tdvido

Message Count:
    i did do the 5.1v update earlier
  12. tdvido

Message Count:
    did the reboot but will do that again...i assume a cool reboot is turning it completely off for about ten minutes or so..will try and thanks for trying to help me out here..boy its been a long day and i am on a tight timeline this week working on a website and logo for an IBEW local..my head is splitting at this point smiles!
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    HMMMM . V3 editions when you update or upgrade you will lose some fonts that licensing agreements couldn't be reached for so were lost due to legal reasons .. ... so you just might want to keep your V3 editions as standalone and any V5 as standalones TEMPORARILY . You can merge all V3 or V5.s together Unfortunately the V3 embedded fonts can NOT be combined with the V5.X embedded fonts even though they are both .cxt extensions.

Yes, shutting down completely and booting up again is a cold reboot.

Being you have work to do I would leave them separate for now...and when you are not under the gun so to speak get things all squared away. Last thing you need are errors messages caused because the embedded fonts that went with templates no longer being available... Most of the missing fonts can be downloaded from font sites but that takes time that you might not have immediately
  14. tdvido

Message Count:
    Heck i have done come to the conclusion oh well...the corp edition was from 2003 and its not the end of the world! This is still the best program out there and wow i do love the new improvements:image28:

if i had purchased adobe back in 2003 and i paid $70 per year i still wouldn't have it paid off from the prices i have seen .....and would have probably lost my mind by now too!...smiles and giggles

Adobe photoshop :image27:

Just not gonna sweat it over an old program from 2003:SayingHi:

Maybe when i get past some of this chaos i will try this merging but geez when it comes to stuff like that i am lost...i can build sites but put me into the brain of program files ect...i am lost!
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    Simply by getting downloads for the fonts that had to be removed and installing them to your system font folder you can avoid the errors. All you do then is move or cop the templates folder from V3 into the Logo Library V5. As long as there is a folder in the TLC program files your drop down menu for choosing the Logo Set will show your Corporate templates and display as normal.
  16. tdvido

Message Count:
    Appreciate the help!!
  17. lemuelj

Message Count:
    Ok, this is a strange deal. I ran the v6 upgrade. The installer said it found my previous version went through the steps and completed sucessfully and then took me to home site to register my software which I did. However when I started to run the program, v6 is no wheres to be found. My version 5 is untouched. I did find the new support files etc in the documents folder. I am using a Mac 10.6.X

Any thoughts?
  18. lemuelj

Message Count:
    So how do you do it. I think that is my problem. The update says it updated, but I still have v5 installed on my Mac
  19. KD-did

Message Count:
    Send laughingbird an email or conversation with your ALL your sales info. With the recent release of V6 there maybe some issues on how to update your software.
  20. lemuelj

Message Count:
    Well I found my solution, the version 6 was installed on my desktop, I assumed that I would see version 5 upgraded to version 6 in my application folder. I also searched for instances of the The Logo Creator, did not know that the app name was changed to just TLC for the file name. So search did not find it either. If you see my desktop you would know why a new icon would not be noticed. So led me to believe that the upgrade had not happened.
    gcuneo2 likes this.