Upgrading to version TLC 5.0 from previous versions

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by laughingbird, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Darrin

Message Count:
    It seems when I purchased an upgrade to v5. It did not bring over my Leisure Edition (Is now Spiritual edition). How do I get that?
  2. Darrin

Message Count:
    Mistakes on the version here. But it states on the website that the ValuePak (now the new "Spiritual Edition"). It doesnt show value pack or spiritual edition on my v5. I pm the moderator here, no response and sent an email using the website, no respones. Anyone help me out with this? Thanks
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    Darrin, please PM Marc as he is the only one that can deal with program downloads.
  4. blackknight

Message Count:
    Yes, I wouldn't e-mail as he has a huge amount of e-mails and his box gets filled up. A PM is the right way.
  5. Darrin

Message Count:
    Actually I did that also. Should I do it again? I imagine he does get quite overloaded with emails.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Darrin, that won't be necessary and potentially can slow down the process.
  7. Darrin

Message Count:
    Kinda of irritating here. Its been about a month now and I sent a private message plus about a week later another one and still no response. :(
  8. blackknight

Message Count:
    We'll see what we can do. You should get a response soon. Hang in there bud. I wasn't aware you didn't get a response. Marc is deep in his cave working on projects. He probably isn't aware if his box is full
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hello Darrin.
    I'm so sorry to have missed this thread.

I've just PM'd you.
    I've taken care of your ValuePak issue.

I'm also sorry I seem to have missed your PM.
    Here's a screenshot of my PM box. I'm working on clearing this out.

- Marc

Attached Files:

10. Darrin

Message Count:
    Thanks Marc for taking care of my issue. I appreciate what you did. No problems about missing the pm, I understand your busy. Thanks again for responding. Have a great day.
  11. swampdaddy

Message Count:
    getting all my logos into v5

Hi: I am having much the same problem with new v5 not picking up all the logos from v4; I compared the files and the new v5 has most of them. But some are renumbered (I hate when this happens) so I hesitate to do a simple copy of the old into the new.

I would not care about duplicates though so I am wondering if I can't simply copy the missing logos (or the whole folders from Corporate Edition 4) into the empty Corporate Pack folder in v5.

Anyone else out there tried this out.

:thankyou: Swamp Daddy
  12. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Swampdaddy....it can be done, at least on a PC. Mileage may vary on a Mac because I have no way of testing this out on a Mac. If you goto this thread and read the example I gave to another user, you should be able to copy over your Corp. Pak(s) from version 4 so they will show up in your version 5 pull down. Hope this helps.
  13. jbrowdy@oast

Message Count:
    Confusing

All this is very confusing. I don't use TLC a lot, but I just upgraded to v5.0 and then quickly 5.1. All I was hoping for was to use the bonus pack I had in v4. That disappeared. I find the files in a folder and bring them up, but not in the app.

Further, V5 did not install in a directory- it is just an app that is in my Applications directory. I assume it uses resources from the version 4 directory?

Finally, I cannot seem to register the product- keep getting errors.

Any help?
  14. ajtaylor

Message Count:
    I just purchased Corporate, Entertainment, and Leisure from Template Zone. The Corporate and Enter. were vers. 5 and the Leisure was 4.1. Is there a way to upgrade the Leisure to vers. 5?
    Thanks.
    Alan
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Alan.
    Sorry about that.

KMT (the Templatezone folks) accidently put out a sale with version 4.1 of The Leisure set instead of version 5.

See a PM from me.

- Marc
  16. ajtaylor

Message Count:
    Marc,
    I just thought I'd post publicly how impressed I am with the program and your service. It was shortly after my previous post I received an email from you with an update. If anyone is looking at this forum to see what kind of reaction people have to the program and towards support, prior to purchase, I just want to say I highly recommend this program!!!! Thanks again, Marc!
    Alan
  17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thank you Alan.
    I appreciate your support :D

I try and get to everybody, but I'm finding it harder as the forum and software gain popularity. I've now got 47 PMs waiting for me and a ton of eMail (not counting the Hoodia ads!). Some folks start to throw rocks at my cave when I don't answer them.

Your comments mean alot Alan.

- Marc
  18. turtlebugs3

Message Count:
    Hi, I have the cartoon and hollywood logo sets and just downloaded the mascost set but somehow screwed up so they aren't combined. I would like to have them all on one but am afraid to delete the v5 folder because I don't know if I still have the installer to re-install. What do I do?

Can you tell I'm not real computer literate??:image06-1:
  19. turtlebugs3

Message Count:
    IGNORE ME. I GOT IT FIGURED OUT.
  20. tdvido

Message Count:
    Having problems...upgraded to 5v it shows blank for templates and blank for corporate 3...I had hollywood which is now entertainment pack..got that...and i have 50 logos as stated on the sells page...that is it. i have nothing for corporate?

now are the templates previously saved templates or is that something extra...didn't state on the sells page?

But i did not get anything on the corporate pak i had?

love the program and the new updates but geez can't figure this out:image24: