Upgrading to version TLC 5.0 from previous versions

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by laughingbird, Feb 23, 2006.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    The upgrade to version 5.0 is available!
    Apperantly, there are some issues with those of you who purchased version 3.5 from SummitSoft (my previous publisher).

Please - if you are using version 3.5 and purchased it from a retail store, or from the SummitSoft website; upgrade to version 4.1 first.

Here is the FREE upgrade that will update v3.x to version 4.1:

PC: http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/TLC41_updater_Setup.zip

Mac:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/TLCv411_updater_Setup.sit

IF you have version 3.x ... Upgrade to version 4.1.
    THEN, install version 5.0's upgrade.
    :D

That'll do it.

If you don't have a previous version of The Logo Creator installed on your computer, the upgrade will give you nada!

There is no need to physically move any sets from one version to the other. Doing this will only confuse the installer and it won't give you the proper updates.

-Marc
  2. Radiomoose

Message Count:
    Marc,

Great software!! I realy do like it.

I am upgrading from V4.1 and still having issues. I have just downloaded the version 5 updater and installed it. It does not recognize that I have multiple logo sets. It does recognize that I have Leisure Edition and adds the new logos into that set. It seems to recognize I have one of the corporate packs (#3) but doesn't include any logo elements for it. It does not recognize my Company Mascots, Value Pak Edition or Bonus 2 logo sets at all. I have tried re-installing the program but the results are the same. I assume the new logo elements for the logo sets in the updater would be added to the version 5 install but not to the version 4. PC user, advanced (IMO), P4HT, 3.2 ghz, 1 meg RAM XP Media Center. Thanks!
  3. midnightcry

Message Count:
    Same problem here

I have purchased version 3,4 & 5 direct from you. However, in the version 5 upgrade, several of the packs do not show up. When I launch version 4, they are present.

How do we get them to register?
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Midnight.

You mention you have the sets in version 4.
    When you launch the v5 updater - it asks you to find a previous folder containing The Logo Creator. Make sure you find, and click on the folder... not the actuall application IN the folder.

See if this helps.

Delete the v5 folder you now have (make sure you still have the installer!) and then re-install v5 as explained above.

If this STILL doesn't do it for you, eMail me: marc @ thelogocreator.com
  5. tchristian34

Message Count:
    marc, I'm having the same issue as midnight. When I installed the update over my v4.1 mega pak, I followed the install instructions and selected my v4 folder like you described below. When I open v4 and v5 software engine, here's what I see....

v4
    - Bonus logos
    - Bonus logos 2
    - Cartoon Edition
    - Company Mascot Edition
    - Corporate Edition 1
    - Corporate Edition 2
    - Corporate Edition 3
    - Hollywood Edition
    - Leisure Edition
    - Value Pak Edition

v5
    - Business Mascot Edition
    - Corporate Edition
    - Corporate Pak
    - Entertainment Pak
    - My Templates
    - Travel and Leisure

There's no mention of the following paks: Sports, Spirituality, Real Estate. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, but any help would be appreciated.

I'm running WinXP SP2 on an IBM Centrino (P4) laptop.
  6. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi TC.
    I've just sent you a PM on this.

- Marc
  7. Radiomoose

Message Count:
    Marc,

I have just re-installed V5 just as you suggested and the results are the same.
  8. wacki56 Super Mod

Message Count:
    ..........I might as well "chime in". I have a folder in my v5 update (from 4.1) that is labled corporate pack. It is EMPTY! When I click it in the menu from the template sets nothing show's up. Is this something "left over" from the 5.0 beta, or should this folder contain something?

Bill
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Radio Moose, eMail me and I'll see what I can do for you.

... Wacki, yes. The Corporate PAK was my mistake.
    During install creation (which is an entire programming process in itself!) I had this Corporate Pak in there for testing.

I apperantly didn't remove it from all of the installers.

If it bothers you (which I don't blame you if it does!!) you can remove it. Open The Logo Creator v5 folder. Inside, you'll find "Logo Libraries".

You can delete the Corporate Pak Empty folder (NOT the Corporate Edition!) :)

- Marc
  10. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    LOL, Marc are you leaving easter eggs in your programs :D
  11. wacki56 Super Mod

Message Count:
    ...Thanks Buddy, I thought so!

Be Well

Bill
  12. Ann

Message Count:
    V5

Hi,

I need some help. I upgraded from V4 to V5. There are no template sets in V5.

Thanks...................Ann
  13. Chagle

Message Count:
    Marc,

I am in the same situation as tchristian34 --

Any thoughts?

-- cut
    v4
    - Bonus logos
    - Bonus logos 2
    - Cartoon Edition
    - Company Mascot Edition
    - Corporate Edition 1
    - Corporate Edition 2
    - Corporate Edition 3
    - Hollywood Edition
    - Leisure Edition
    - Value Pak Edition

v5
    - Business Mascot Edition
    - Corporate Edition
    - Corporate Pak
    - Entertainment Pak
    - My Templates
    - Travel and Leisure

There's no mention of the following paks: Sports, Spirituality, Real Estate. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, but any help would be appreciated.
  14. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Glen.
    Nice to hear from you again!

Check an eMail from me. I've just sent it.

Regarding the last part of the letter; The Sports Pak and Real Estate Pak are both new Logo Editions. The updater will not add these particular logos when updating to the new v5 from a previous version.

The updater will add new logos - just not these particular packages.

- Marc
  15. LogoFreak

Message Count:
    Marc Help with the v5 UPGRADE !

Marc,

I still do not have all the new logo sets from v5. When I purchased the new
    v5 update I was expecting to get all the new logo sets. All I have is the is the Corporate edition. My previous version v4 logo sets read as follows:

v4
    - Bonus logos
    - Bonus logos 2
    - Cartoon Edition
    - Company Mascot Edition
    - Corporate Edition 1
    - Corporate Edition 2
    - Corporate Edition 3
    - Hollywood Edition
    - Leisure Edition
    - Value Pak Edition

How do I get all the new sets of v5 ??
    :helpnow:
  16. jauen

Message Count:
    Still won't install correctly...

Marc,

Re: Mac upgrade from V4 to V5:

I've tried everything I can think of and everything you've told me (public forums and private message) and I still can't get access to my V4 Logo Sets or My Templates.

Answers to other's questions in the forum seem to drift into private messages so I'm out of options here.

Is there a manual way to arrange directories and subfolders that will make this work? Can you provide just a zip file with instructions on how and where to place the support files?

- Jeff

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a108.gif
  17. Ann

Message Count:
    Hi Marc,

When I launched the V5 updater it asked me to find a previous folder containing The Logo Creator. I found and clicked on the folder for V4. I did not click on the actual application in the folder.

That didn't work so I deleted the V5 folder and re-installed it. When that didn't work I deleted V5 and re-downloaded it.

All that is listed under "Select a Logo Set" is Corporate Pack and My Templates.

Help...help...

Ann
  18. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Ann, Juan.

I'm not sure what's going on with this updater thing.
    It appears there is a handful of users having trouble. (from this end, however, there have been far more successes).

It apperantly is only happening with updates coming from version 3.x.

Here's what will happen when you get the upgrade.

If you currently have:

The Corporate Edition 1,2, or 3 from a previous version of TLC, the v5 upgrader will give you just "The Corporate Edition"- merging the 3 previous versions together (and also giving you 200 additional logo elements).

The Hollywood set (previously containing 25 logos) will be transformed to "The Entertainment Edition" (now containing 50 logos).

The Leisure set (25 logos) will now be called The Travel & Leisure set (50 logos).

The ValuePak (30 logos) is now The Spiritual Edition (now with 50 logos).

The upgrader will not add The Sports Edition or the Real Estate Edition. These are seperate purchases.

The "My Templates" folder is empty. This is for your own personal use. You can now (in v5) create a logo and "Save as Template". This will make your logo into a template that you can call up later - just as you do the other logos in the other sets. This is a great way to alter the client's logo a bit and create 2,3 or 4 variations.

Hope this clears up some things.

Ann, Juan - what sets did you have in your v4 folder, and what sets are you now seeing in your v5 upgrade?

- Marc
  19. Ann

Message Count:
    Hi Marc,

I first purchased v3.6 with just "Corporate Logos set 3". I upgraded to v4.1. It also contains only "Corporate Logos set 3". The v5 upgrade has no sets in it.

Ann
  20. Radiomoose

Message Count:
    Still Gots The Blues

Marc,

I have tried this instalation on my home computer, also updating from 4.1, with the same results as on my laptop. Only the Travel and Leisure set transfers over and adds new logos, a directory for the Corporate Pack is greated but nothing is copied into it.