Upgrade (free) to version 3.5!

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by laughingbird, Nov 30, 2003.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Upgrade to version 3.5 AND a new Logo Set is out!

Dan (BlueJade) and I have been working hard here at The Logo Creator Software Shop. We've enhanced the software to version 3.5!

Enhancements include exporting your logo at a prefered DPI setting, 300, 400, 72dpi etc ... 64 levels of undo ... group selecting of text and objects (change everything at once!) ... streamlined interface... and more cool stuff

Version 3.5 needs to be downloaded manually. It's not available via the internet updater (however, this is good news for those of you who've been behind a firewall and haven't been able to use the internet update feature!)

All of the above can be found here:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com

If you have any questions about any of it - I'm here!

Marc
  2. geneane

Message Count:
    There is a bug in version 3.5
    When I go to select a new font for my text, it will not scroll down so I can only select one of the first few fonts that show in the Font window. This happens with Embedded fonts as well as system fonts.
    :banana
  3. geneane

Message Count:
    Another Bug?

When I try to export an image to a gif file, the image is blank...this happens with all 3 sizes of gif.

:banana
  4. russgri

Message Count:
    Can't download from vbulletin link

Hey Marc,
    I am convinced...based on Lat's Comments that some IPs cant download from a link on Vbulletin.

I had Lats attempt to download and it started the download process. e,g: The download process of 8MB started.

Whereas, when I downloaded in the same timeframe it downloaded instantly ...meaning that the file was empty.
    Lats says that there is some reference to this problem on vbulletin's site...a fact that I could not verify.

Would you consider placing them on your site with a download link so I and others with this problem can have this update

You may want to replace the code at Digital River along with an updated CD so I can access these through our original download link.
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Re: Can't download from vbulletin link

Hey Russ.

Are you still trying to get the updater from the link here in the forum? I'm not

Try hopping over to the home page:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com and click the v3.5 updater link.

Having an 8Mb file download instantly - as Lats said- means that your fire wall is preventing the download.

Are you able to download other large files from your location?
    Do you have some sort of download exelerator on your machine? Norton AntiVirus?

Something is conflicting with your downloads. I'd like to help pinpoint this.

- Marc
  6. geneane

Message Count:
    Any word on those bugs laughingBird?
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Geneane.
    I've been looking into this.

First, make sure you're using v3.5!
    (under the 'window' menu, choose "About The Logo Creator" and let me know which version it is.)

2nd, are you able to export in Jpegs and Tifs?

There must be something going on with the transparent settings.

Try choosing Custom export and then choose "tGif" (transparent Gif) give a color other than white a transparency ... then export it and let me know what happens.

Also, if you're using Dreamweaver to view your Gifs, I've had some troubles with earlier versions of Dreamweaver showing blank gifs! Try simpy double clicking one of your 'blank' gifs and viewing it in another program.

Hope to hear from you soon!

- Marc
  8. russgri

Message Count:
    Eureka!!

Eureka!....I have found it.

I invoked a Download Manager....GetRight
    and the download went beautifully.

Installation was a breeze...just Extract to the same directory and it does the dirty work.

There is a downside though...

The Coders have Outdone themselves...leaving further development in quesion ;)

Nah! I don't think so....go ahead and surprise us.
  9. pakman

Message Count:
    Looks Like I found someone else with ToP 6 Fonts only!

Hi, Marc, and.... Geneane,
    Been working on this myself for 3 days solid... 24/7..

Aha, someone else who seems to have same font problem as I.
    see, http://www.thelogocreator.com/LBforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=453
    for more details.

This is good because we can compare machines/other software and see whats up here. --maybe settings. CHeck the above thread and let me know if you have MS office 2003.

I installed v3.5 on my wifes little "Toy" machine and it works. But not on my "Work" machine. SO now I can compare what is diff. maybe.! BOTH have xp/pro with service pak1 and I check all settings and seem same providing I caught all settings.

So that narrows it down to another outside software .dll module conflict maybe. Or just a hardware conflict with TLC ... But v3.0 fonts work fine without autoupdate.

Let me know what type of system you have this problem on, etc
    All my other software (major ones) is same on both my machines. Accept the one that works does not have MS office 2003 installed.

Marc, when I run windows task manager (XP) I see one explore.exe running on the machine that works with v3.o OK. And when I access a Font with TLC 3.0 I see the CPU process time with explore.exe.

BUT, on my work machine with MS office 2003 I see explorer.exe with 0 process time. .. and iexplore.exe 2 process time. when I access with TLC v3.0 on the work machine it uses iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe and not sure why.

Is it possible that TLC is looking at a different Font display module in v3.0 than v3.5. Oh... I FYI, I installed the same v3.5 on another smaller machine, xp/pro, 128 mgRAM, and it works fine. Machine was borrowed just for this test...

This sounds off the wall ... but it is an observation I am looking into what the explore.exe and iexplore.exe is doing differently on the 2 machines. I killed all other processes one at a time to find this bugger.

IMPORTANT: Today, for one short session I got TLC 3.5 to access Fonts (all of em) BUT, I reboot and back to problem. I could not duplicate what I did again to make v3.5 work. I had a lot of other programs open so one of them might have done it... but I could not make it work again.

Also, FYI, I even disabled norton anitvirus 2003 for install and use and that did not help.

Pakman
    PS. Despite my problems and a few bugs TLC is GREAT!!:banana Good team work at LogoCreator.com.
  10. bluejade

Message Count:
    Thank you for these details, Pakman, they will help us to try to address the problem. Thank you also for your kind words.

Regards,

bluejade
  11. Dawzz

Message Count:
    In Case anyone else has the font problems mine was fixed by upgrading to the latest flash player version 7.

No more scripting bugs and the fonts can now be accessed with ease
  12. Lats

Message Count:
    Sounds like a great tip Dawzz - thanks for sharing.
  13. pakman

Message Count:
    Nope, Font display will not access fonts with v7 player

Thanks, but tried that. Went to macromedia and installed version 7 player, even rebooted my machine but still have font problem.

Must be something else.
    Pakman.
  14. davidetter

Message Count:
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't find the v3.5 updater anywhere on the front page. Please post the direct link. Thanks guys.

David
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    David, I don't think it made into the new improved website either....Have you tried to update through the program itself?

At the top of your TLC program you will see "File" and "window"..click on window, and you will get a drop down. Choose Check internet for Updates.
  16. davidetter

Message Count:
    Now you tell me that there is no link. I thought I was going blind. I spent about 15 minutes going all over the home page looking for hidden links...

Yes, I did try the Internet Update feature, and all I got after re-installing was the 3.1 update.
  17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    v3.5 updater link

Hi Dave.
    Here's the direct link to the v3.5 updater:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/v35Upgrade.html

or, HERE

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

- Marc
  18. KD-did

Message Count:
    Superbird to the rescue...
  19. davidetter

Message Count:
    Thanks so much!! I got it now...again! :35:

David
  20. msdesmarais

Message Count:
    Free Upgrade to 3.5

I may be blind, but I do not see a update to 3.5 link on the website. is the demo version the update? I have 3.0 with the Hollywood Edition set installed now. :spaz:

Also, am I able to use windows fonts with v3.5?