Unable to transport templates from V5 to V6

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Thom, May 8, 2012.

1. Thom

Message Count:
    First off I thought the upgrade to V6 was terrific until I tried to pull up templates from V5. It won't load them. I have over 50 templates that I use and modify every once in awhile but now can't with V6. That means starting all over again. Marc, there should have been a file made to accommodate the older version's templates. I am very disappointed that what I thought was a great upgrade has a big part missing from it, the ability to transport previous templates to the new version. How about correcting this problem.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    If you didn't delete the V5 off your computer you should still have the ability to open a file.Look into your "PROGRAM FILES" for V5. The V6 has a different engine entirely which is why its installation didn't overwrite the previous edition.
  3. Thom

Message Count:
    Thanks KD for the reply, fortunately I didn't delete V5. However it sure would have been nice to be able to use some new elements in our previous templates. With the amount of complaints I've been reading maybe it would be a good idea to look into creating a file that would make transporting a possibility. Just a thought. No need to reply to this.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    The elements can be transferred into V6 from V5, it is the templates that will not open from V5 in V6. To transfer the elements make a folder in the elements folder and copy into the new folder in the V6in the My documents/document folder. The elements will drop down in the menu with the name given the folder.