Unable to highlight multiple images/text?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Charles Bianco, May 27, 2012.

1. Charles Bianco

Message Count:
    Using windows 7 professional, Logo Creator 6.

In the previous Logo Creators, you were able to click, hold and drag the mouse over multiple images/text/elements etc...and in this version you cannot?

Maybe I'm missing something here?

(Not highlight, I meant select)
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Hold down your shift key and select each item.

Sometimes if you have multiple items all close together select MODIFY then SHOW ELEMENT LABELS, all you have to do the is click on the element label.

If you want to move all the selected items around: CONTINUE TO PRESS THE SHIFT KEY DOWN, then, WHILE PRESSING BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS, move em around!
  3. Charles Bianco

Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply, gc! I did as you said and unfortunately it didn't work. I'll clarify a bit more (even though I believe you understand what i'm trying to do).

I have created a logo and I want to move the logo (in its entirity) from one position on the canvas to another. I have done the "show element labels" and it does show the elements, however, when I follow your second step "continue to press the shift key down, then while pressing both mouse buttons, move em around!" it appears that a large shadow of the canvas appears and when I move it about (then let go) nothing seems to change or move...
  4. Charles Bianco

Message Count:
    As an additional note: I have used the "Select All" option, and it does select each logo element individually, however, moving them doesn't seem to want to happen.

...I will go on to say that much previous versions of this software were MUCH easier to use...this version...seems to only be a GUI improvement...but offers practically nothing over previous versions. Literally.
  5. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    You can select all as described, and to move them around as a group, press and hold your left shift key, and at the same time press and hold both mouse buttons (It's something I discovered I could do while dinking around with the program).
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    During the beta test portion (I think the 1st beta came out feb 24th) Many ideas were suggested (grouping, un-grouping, adding right mouse click pull down menus, and having more than 1 canvas open at a time). The owner of Laughingbird Software has always been responsive to suggestions and ideas-- I'm not a software programmer guy, but some of the items suggested by myself and others, would be nice to have, but might be horribly complicated to implement and push out as an update.
  7. Charles Bianco

Message Count:
    Thanks, that really helped. I was able to move it.

Well, I can understand what you mean by it being complicated and difficult to make some changes...but the issue I'm running into now is the yellow outline box (the one which surrounds the element you choose to edit/move/etc) will sometimes stay on screen despite however many times you click away from it. I'm guessing this is a programming glitch. What ultimately happens is that it becomes an image all its own, so that if you were to save the final logo you create as an JPG (for example) the JPG will actually include the yellow outline box as an image within the JPG!

...have you encountered anything like this?
  8. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Yes during beta testing, with the second beta release.