Unable to change color of images Resolved

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator (BCC)' started by steeps, Feb 12, 2009.

1. steeps

Message Count:
    Hello,

When I use the Logo Creator I can change the color of the images/design elements. However, when I'm using the Business Card Creator 2.0 I am not able to change the color of the images/design elements in the templates (the backgrounds). How can I do that?

I love the designs but I need to be able to change the colors to match the logo.

Thank you,

Steeps
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Re: Unable to change color of images

Welcome to the forum Sorry that I haven't been able to answer sooner but I wanted to be able to offer work around solutions for you because what you are wanting to do isn't doable with BCC.

Option 1 Change your logo colors to compliment or match the stationery background colors.
    Option 2 Is a multiple step approach to change the background image.
    My computer>>Local Disk where program is (usually C)>>Program files>>The Business Card Creator >>thumbbgimages>> find background template>>"open with" Irfanview or an image editor. If using Irfanview I suggest saving as a TRANSPARENT png or gif at the same size and EXACT name. [Some color editing options are possible with Irfanview but it is limited]. Now you can open with TLC and make a color change but will effect all colors which maybe satisfactory for your needs. If not use an image editor to change colors and color each part separately with paint bucket or color fill. Now save as a jpg and replace the template from where you took it from after removing the original.
    Option 3. Launch BCC remove all text and images so that all you are left with is the basic background export as a PDF. The PDF will need to be "cropped" after opening.Crop as close to to where the color begins as possible. Do your color changes with an image editor or TLC. Export or save as jpg at the original size of the template and name it exactly the same and replace the original template file after removing the original. At the very worse you might have to make small adjustments by dragging for your text and images or may choose to rebuild using your new background.
  3. steeps

Message Count:

Thank you, that works for now, but it's a lot more work and not anywhere near as nice as TLC. Hopefully that will change in an upgrade.

If I make a logo for a client that is relatively small, 437x177, and I put it on a business card or a website I think it will be fine as long as I export the resolution say 96dpi for the web and 600 dpi for print. My concern is if the client wants to print it on a t-shirt rather large on the back that the print quality will suffer. Do you have any idea how I can prevent that?

I have Photoshop CS3 if you know of any tricks that can preserve the quality of the logo even though the client will make it larger.

Thank you
  4. KD-did

Message Count:

Converting the files to vector (eps) format is the only way to go. Perfect for resizing for coffee cups or teeshirts with no loss of resolution or color issues from 1 file.
  5. steeps

Message Count:
    Would you mind giving me the steps necessary to convert the file. Let's start with a jpg that was produced with TLC and is now open in Photoshop CS3.

I looked around on Google and I was not able to Rasterize the jpg, that option was grayed out.

Thank you very much
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    First of all you can't rastersize a jpg because it is already a raster image (examples of raster image file types are: BMP, TIFF, GIF, and JPEG files).

Secondly it is really better not to use a jpg unless for some odd reason you want the background canvas included which would be very limiting on how the .eps can be used. Export from TLC as a transparent .png instead. It is better not to have a background canvas than removing it after the fact.

Open your TLC export and save as eps.

If you need a layered eps the easiest way to proceed is to put your design together with TLC ... after that hide all but 1 element at at time, export each element (text and image/s) separately as .Tpng . Reassembling the logo in your favorite 3 party graphic program then saving in a vector format.