trouble with Flash ad creator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by LovellTech, Sep 30, 2005.

1. LovellTech

Message Count:
    I'm having a few problems with the software, I purchased it last night and I love the looks of it.

1. It will not save the files correctly. When I create an ad, it doesn't save all the files as stated in the tutorial, I only get a .swf file and that file is not what I created it is the original template, with your text and images.

2. When you open up the software, it takes over the desktop. There is no way to multi-task when using Flash ad creator. If you are working on an ad and you need to go to another program you have to close the application completely and lose your progress. With it not saving correctly as mentioned above, you can't save your work and move on.

3. I would like to be able to change text size, color, speed of animations.

That's all for now, can you guys help me out with number 1 and 2 ?

thanks,

:Homer: - Pat
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Lovell.
    Nice to see you again :)

I'll tackle your questions in order:

1) You're not getting all 4 files?!
    What version of the software are you running. Pull down the "About" menu and let me know. Current version should be v1.4.
    The software exports all four files. There is no way for it to only export the .swf file. Its' either all or none. None would make it easier for me to troubleshoot!

2) Under the FILE menu, you'll see "Hide desktop" and "Show Desktop". This will give you your wish.

3) This has been requested a few times from others as well! I'm working on this. This will be a product enhnancement set for a future update.

Hope this helps some!

- Marc
  3. LovellTech

Message Count:
    Marc,

I'm using v1.4 and the files are not saving. When I click Export and then name the file to save, it saves the file i named (without changes i made) and no other files. I wish I could say I was wrong....but I'm not I've tried 10 different banners, i've rebooted,I've closed and re-opened the software, but when I load the file after saving, i see the original file with Product 1 - service 1 - and your images. My stuff doesn't transfer.

The desktop issue doesn't work either. When I hit hide desktop it makes the window smaller but the gray background stays the same and covers the entire desktop.

What can i do? I downloaded this software last night.

thanks,

Pat
  4. LovellTech

Message Count:
    Hello, did you forget about me????????????

I didn't forget!

I'm going to wait for a day or two then I'm going to start the refund process.

This is ridiculous.

PS. My support tickets have gone unanswered as well and I filled the first one out on Sept. 29th!!

:complaint - Pat
  5. LovellTech

Message Count:
    I've been browsing the forum and see that several people are experiencing the same issue as I am. Is there a fix coming?

A simple reply to my post would really make this experience easier.

- pat
  6. helpwithdebt

Message Count:
    can't upload .ds_store

My problem is simular but different. It does export ALL the files and the HTML sample looks GREAT! But then I upload ALL the files to my site it only shows the template. When I attempt to upload the background_image file I cannot. It comes up with an error. So I uploaded the files within seperately I uploaded the 2 homeBacking images and that was fine BUT I cannot upload the .DS_Store file - if I do it with Front Page - it gives me an error - if I upload with any 5 of my FTP programs it times out and does nothing - really stange.

But I suspect the .DS_store file is needed and the inability to upload it may be the reason for the problem I am having.

Any suggestion.

The program has great potential if we could all get it to work oK.

Thanks
  7. Borpean

Message Count:
    Hang in there LovellTech. We are looking into this. No one has forgotten you. Sorry for not getting to you sooner. Your questions will be answered. Same goes for you Helpwithdebt.