Trouble getting Flash Ad onto web site

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator Gallery' started by soultrane, Feb 17, 2007.

1. soultrane

Message Count:
    :image27: Hi. Please see thread. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. I'm trying to get the wonderful ad your software created on my website.

Grace to you and peace,

Darryl Owens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:06 AM
    To: 'ForumMaster@thelogocreator.com'
    Subject: re:re: re: Uploading Flash Ads using Microsoft Publisher

Me again:

I deleted my previous ad, and started from scratch, creating a folder in which to export the ad. Still no Webpage.html page or folder or whatever. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:43 AM
    Subject: re:re: Uploading Flash Ads using Microsoft Publisher

In addition, after reading some of the forum strings, one mentioned that after creating my flash ad it is supposed to generate an html page called My Ad's_webpage.html, but I do not see such a file. I checked the assets folder, the fonts folder and all the places where the SWF file would be stored. Nothing. The thread mentioned something about extracting object code from this, but again, I don't see the file.

Thanks.

Darryl Owens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:32 AM
    Subject: re: Uploading Flash Ads using Microsoft Publisher

Good morning:

I purchased Flash Ad Creator this week, created a beautiful ad and then uploaded the files to my ftp site and .... nothing.

I looked at the tutorial and I don't undestand it. I created a html file and added the code and ... nothing.

I created a web site with Microsoft publisher and tried to add a page with the code and ... nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Darryl Owens
  2. tsims

Message Count:
    Hi Darryl,
    I don't use MS Publisher for making web pages, it does produce very stange code and is very restrictive. Publisher isn't primarliy a html editor, but a desktop publisher.

I maintain 5 web sites and would suggest the following:

1. Use an html editor such as Frontpage, Dreamweaver etc. They are a lot of free ones also if you Google for them.

2. Use an ftp program such as WS_FTP Pro, Cute FTP etc. to upload your files.

3. Be certain to upload the *.swf file, the assets folder, and the font folder (if one is produced by FAC) into the same directory as your index (home page) file.

4. Be sure your swf file name in the code matches the actual name of the swf file exactly.

Here is a test I have run with the code I use:
    New Page 1

To see the code click view in your browser, and source.

Terry
  3. tsims

Message Count:
    SWF Issue

Darryl,
    I sent you a PM regarding this, your email address is not acessible via the forum.
    Terry
  4. soultrane

Message Count:
    Terry:

I hope I sent this to your email address earlier???

But I'm copying the message here (without the attachments unfortunately)..

Ah. That shows my novice background. By “embed” I meant, in the toolbar there is a command for inserting objects. I wondered whether I needed to insert the .swf file as an object in the page. Do I need to give the html file with the code a particular name to be recognized (i.e., home or index)?

Here is the link to my website: Deadline Editorial Services

I was trying to use the flash ad as an intro splash page and have visitors click to the link to take them to my index.htm (homepage)... I'm using TEMPLATE 5 from the Flash Ad Creator 2.0

Thanks for your offer to look over my stuff. Any help you can offer to get this working would be most appreciated. I really want to get this on there. Here is the html page I made, using your code. And here is a print screen of my ftp site to show the disposition of my files. The fonts file is obscured, but it is in the same directory.
  5. tsims

Message Count:
    Web Page

Darryl,
    I sent you another PM. Let's finish this project via email. You have my correct address.

Terry