TLC v6 for Win XP?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by aperez, Jun 13, 2012.

1. aperez

Message Count:
    Hello everyone!
    First I want to thank TLC for having this great and fun software!

Ok, after trying to find information about TLC v6 to see if it's compatible with Windows XP and not finding any info I made the mistake to buy the TLC v6 knowing that it describes that it's for Win 7 and up. Anyway, I bought it and installed on my XP machine. Well, first it gave me an error trying to install an Arial font, I hit "retry" and after that it show "successful installation", then I went and register the software, then I open TLC but it does not show any templates, just a white page. Do I need to start thinking that I just lost my money? or do I have hope to get this fix?

Thank you for any help or comment.

Alex.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    I am not sure exactly what is going on because up until last week there was an XP version to purchase. You can request a change to the XP edition or request a refund.
  3. aperez

Message Count:
    Thank you KD-did.
    Do you know how do I request a change to the XP edition?
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
  5. aperez

Message Count:
    Thank you KD-did for the contact link.

Well, I sent several emails to Marc and it's been a week and I've got no answer yet. I guess he's very busy with other products and improving the website and I don't blame him, he's doing a good job but now at this point I'm going to request a refund for my purchase.

Wish me luck. Thank you anyway.

Alex.
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Please don't request a refund. I have been using The Logo Creator since 2003, while in Iraq (not by my choice!) and have an undying faith in Marc and his products. It's obviously not a big monster company with billions of share holders, but the quality of the product keeps me coming back...

I'm not employed by Marc, I'm just a schmo who really likes the software. It has helped me maintain my sanity while in Iraq, multiple times over the past 9 years.

I believe in Marc and his products, they are made in the good ol' USA!

I ask for your patience, Marc does take care of his customers...

“Patience is power.
    Patience is not an absence of action;
    rather it is "timing"
    it waits on the right time to act,
    for the right principles
    and in the right way.”
    Fulton J. Sheen
  7. KD-did

Message Count:
    Perhaps there has been a change in the installer portion and a new fresh download with installation is in order.Remove the V6 program files and get a fresh download and being sure to install to the "Documents" and not "My documents" folder.
  8. aperez

Message Count:
    Thank you for your comment gcuneo2 but now it's been two weeks and I have no solution here. I really think that the Logo Creator is a great tool by looking at the videos and I do want to give him a chance, but the only emails I get from Marc are promotional. I guess I have to wait for my number...
  9. aperez

Message Count:
    I tried to uninstall it but (oh surprise!) it doesn't have a way to uninstall it.....
  10. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    TLC is a very clean install-- It doesn't gunk up your system registry. All ya gotta do is delete the directories created when you installed (the laughingbird documents directory and the one created where the EXE and a few other files got installed
    logo2.JPG

Of course on your computer "glenn" would be different.

On my computer this is where I installed The Logo Creator:
    C:\logo 6 test\The Logo Creator v6

logo library.JPG
    THE STUFF BELOW IS "NICE TO KNOW"
    If you take the time to explore your system registry (just type in REGEDIT in your start box) (BUT PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN IT) you will notice the only mention of The logo creator, or Laughingbird software is noted in stuff you've downloaded, like the original zip files, or element libraries. That's why is does not show up in the PROGRAMS / FEATURES in your control panel.

You will also note that "CCleaner" (a great free program found at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) (and not affiliated with Laughingbird software- I just happen to really like the program) doesn't list The logo creator either.

So to uninstall it (The Logo Creator) all you have to is delete the "Laughingbird Documents" folder in the first example listed above, and delete the directory wherever you put the working files for version 6.0 (my example is listed above).
  11. aperez

Message Count:
    Problem solved!

My TLC v6 is now working on my Windows XP pc!

Ok, with the help of the forum this is what I did.
    I found the "Laughingbird Documents" folder under "C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Documents" that included these two other folders in it, the "Logo Elements" and "Logo Libraries", and moved the "Laughingbird Documents" folder into the following path: "C:\Documents and Settings\alex\My Documents" ....and now I can see the templates.

Please remember that this is for a Windows XP machine, installed with the TLC v6 Win7 exe file. I hope this help.

Thanks again gcuneo2 and KD-did for your help.

Alex.
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  12. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, Alex I am trying to follow the steps you did for my Windows XP and I am wondering if you copies the whole folder or just the "Logo Elements" and "Logo Libraries" Folder only and where exactly did you put them, and how do you change the path. I am trying to follow your steps, but I have been unsuccessful. Please help me. I have tried to contact the developer, but no response.

Much appreciated,
    thanks Dianne
  13. Cinco

Message Count:
    Ha! It worked! I just dragged the parent folder over to My Documents, Diane.
  14. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, It is Dianne I am so glad it worked. Have a great holiday.

Talk to you soon,
    Dianne
  15. Cinco

Message Count:
    I didn't thank Alex! I'd only been frustrated for a couple of days, but I knew there was a solution, somewhere. Thank YOU for digging it out!! I've only used Windows 7 a few times but I recall, now, that there is no "my documents" folder in 7. I didn't think it was important, but I guess it is! Thanks again for continuing your quest for an answer - rather than going the refund route!!
    aperez likes this.
  16. Paul Hoff

Message Count:
    Hi, I've just bought the software and have virtually the same problem. I'm running on XP too, except i cannot find the folders 'Logo Elements' or 'Logo Libraries' so cannot move anything over? All i can find is the setup icon, i've run through this 3 times now with no success, strange thing is when i extract the files, the green bar doesn't run up as usual, it just flashes up as 'Finished'

Sadly i think i may have to ask for a refund, such a shame as it looks fantastic, but it's so frustrating to spend money and not be able to access it immediately, especially when i'm already busy, this was supposed to save time not waste it :(
  17. Paul Hoff

Message Count:
    Right, take no notice of me i'm obviously an idiot:p I found the files, and thanks to the explanation by aperez, all seems to be working fine, thanks :eek:ops:
    aperez likes this.