TLC 3.0.4 bug fix

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by bluejade, Jun 21, 2003.

1. bluejade

Message Count:
    How to get it:
    -From the "Window" menu, select the second to last option, "Check Internet for Updates"

What is it:
    -corrected kerning (the space between character pairs) to handle extreme negative kerning (when the right side of one character extends beyond the right side of the next character)
  2. Lats

Message Count:
    The program suggests no updates are available - I'm running 3.0.3.
  3. bluejade

Message Count:
    Hi Lats,

Would you mind trying again? It should work. If not, let me know.

Kind Regards,
    dn
  4. Lats

Message Count:
    Tried again but alas, program is reporting no updates.

Could it be my end?
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Lats.
    I've just tried with a 'fresh' install of The Logo Creator. I now correctly see "version 3.0.4" when I view the About TLC menu option.

Are you on a dial up connection... or a cable/DSL line? Just wondering if you're not actually dialing out.

Anybody else reading this thread not see "Version 3.0.4" when updating to the newest version of The Logo Creator?

(Instant updating can be done with the "check for internet updates" found under the Window menu)
  6. Lats

Message Count:
    Okay, this is getting a little weird :)

I originally downloaded the updater which set me to version 3.0.

I checked for updates which took me to 3.0.3.

I'm on a DSL line and just checked again - it reports the same "This program is current. No updates need to be performed"

Weird huh?
  7. bluejade

Message Count:
    Looking at your post time, it appears that you checked after 3.0.5 went live, meaning that your TLC can't see even this update properly.

One possibility that comes to mind is that perhaps your system is reading the requested updates definition from a cached file. The Logo Creator clears its internet cache before checking, though, so this would need to be a system level internet cache.

What is your operating sytem, Lats?

Kind Regards,

dn
  8. Lats

Message Count:
    Problem resolved!

Checked again just now before replying, and the program started downloading files.

Now at 3.0.6 :)

Perhaps my ISP has a cache problem?

XP Pro btw.