This just keeps getting better and better!!!

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Goodmagician, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Goodmagician

Message Count:
    MAC Version is Really coming along nicely... I've been a TLC user for a long the (started on PC) and now on MAC, and I am liking the new features!

How do I integrate my mascots and old logos?

Charles
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thanks Charles.
    I appreciate your comments.

We'll soon make it easy to put the mascots and other elements into this new version.
    For now, there's a workaround:

In the older version of The Logo Creator (Mac version),
    Right click over the TLC icon. Then choose "Show package contents > Contents > Resources"

You'll find the Logo Elements
    Move the contents of the "Logo Elements" folder into your Mac's Documents > The Logo Creator > Logo Elements folder.

(Windows users can do this as well by simply looking into the Older Logo Creator v5 folder, and moving the Logo Elements into the Documents > Logo Creator > Logo Elements folder)

You'll now have the elements for the new beta.
    (the "logo libraries" won't work this way. Yet.)

Glad you're liking the new version Charles!
    I am so excited to launch it.*

Marc
  3. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Seems like the older .tlc format is not compatible with the new engine you are using to encode/decode the new .tlc format in the beta. Quite a size difference too from old to new format!

Also noticed in the Beta Libraries that you have some .png files set with .jpg extensions. Just pointing it out, not sure if that's some secret sauce there or not, hehe.
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:

Really?
    Interesting. No, this isn't intentional.* -- I'll check this out.
  5. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Yeah, I noticed in earlier versions of TLC there were only 3 files associated with each logo in the Beta there are 9 files associate with each logo!
  6. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    I think the number of files in Beta6 is dependant on how many elements you use in the creation of a logo. See my post here for a breakdown of a sample logo I did. You will have a minimum of 4 files with a single element used in a logo but that number rises because any elements used get generated (created) in the project folder as well.

It also appears there may be dependensies associated with logos created as a derivitive of previous logos?? I'm still in testing to figure some of it out so this is pure speculation on my part at this point in time based on what I am seeing in the current beta Libraries.