1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

The Web Graphics Creator (WGC)

Discussion in 'The Web Graphics Creator Updates' started by laughingbird, Jan 19, 2007.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    The Web Graphics Creator is currently at version 3.0.
    An update is due out shortly.
  2. hughes051

Message Count:
    is it compatable with windows vista
  3. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Hughe - my man, please let someone answer you initial post. This makes several times you've asked the same question. That makes it very confusing.
  4. hughes051

Message Count:
    yeh but getting no answers?
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Hughes.

Sorry for missing your questions.

Yes, All of the Laughingbird Software products are compatible with Vista. They're not Vista Native, but they all work great with the Operating system.

I'm running the software on Vista Business, Mac OSX and Windows XP with no problems.

- Marc
  6. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks Marc...

You really didn't miss them. He just started to post the questions today, in several areas of the forum.
  7. hughes051

Message Count:
    Hi Guys, well just to inform you it does not work with vista as in my version of the software it kept on crashing or not displaying my work e.t.c. in anycase I doid get a full refund Unless they have updtaed the software in the last few months I belve it does not work but as soon as it does i will re purchase is as there support/customer service is second to none and had no problmes in having a full refund.
  8. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    I just realized I have eCover V2.2 and I cant find the update to v3 am I stuck with the 2.2? And when I click register this software It takes me to the ecover website, But I must be blind, I cant find anywhere to register it? can someone take me by the post and lead me in the right direction? Also I want to ask for those of us who have the version 2.2 do we get the PhotoObject.net subscription as well? TIA
  9. MoooNDawG

Message Count:
    If I am not mistaken eCover Creator is now Web Graphics Creator. However I dont see an update link, I did notice that the About, Help and Contact links on the site are not working. :(

Peace
    DawG
  10. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Server changes & a crash have been the culprit for the bad links right now. We are working things on the back-end and as soon as their corrected, we'll be able to correct things (again).
  11. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    web graphic creator

I have spent countless hours, with O results..
    Your program that I purchased is not compatable with Yahoo site builder!!
    It would have been "nice" to have seen some disclaimer to that effect................Is Marc going to fix this or not??
    Unhappy EXFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Was V3 the update? or is one still due? Just asking... :)
  13. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    Is the update going to make the WGC compatable with Yahoo sitebuilder?
  14. Wicked

Message Count:
    Correct me if I am wrong here but I have never bought a piece of design software any time in the past that had a disclaimer as to whether or not the software is compatible with Yahoo Site Builder.. Is this a disclaimer you typically see on other product non yahoo related? If so then perhaps we should suggest Marc offer a Yahoo Site Builder disclaimer.. I just can not recall seeing one on any other products though....
  15. Wicked

Message Count:
    This happens with numerous different software programs on Vista to just a select group of individuals and does not happen to all Vista users.. So it is quite possible that your software does not work on Vista. Because of the way the Administrator account is designed on Vista you will experience this or even get an error telling you that one or more files are not registered.

There is an advanced way to attempt to fix the issue but typically only holds a 50% chance of working on Admin accounts anyway.. More on the user friendly way of solving your problem perhaps this is what you could do.. Create a new user account on your Vista operating system and just assign that account "Administrator privileges" and use that account instead and you will not encounter about 90% of the compatibility issues that you will with numerous different software titles on the net today.

The built in Administrator account is not intended to be used as a user account. It is very secure and will not allow program components to be registered. Instead you should create an account with administrative rights, and use it instead of the built in Administrative account. This will help solve runtime error 339/429 that you may be experiencing as well with this issue, and lots of other software that you may install in the future. If you do not want to create a standard user account (not recommended) you can follow the instructions below:

If the problem started suddenly then a reinstall may fix it. If not, follow the directions below to register each file that is producing the error. You generally will only have to repeat the instructions 3 or 4 times:

Click start
    In the search box type "cmd" without the quotes
    When CMD.exe appears above the search box right click it and select "Run As Administrator". This will open a command prompt with admin rights.
    Repeat the following for each file that is causing this error, replacing [filename] with the actual name of the file that is causing problems:

-Type "regsvr32 [filename] /u" without the quotes
    -You will receive a prompt saying the file has been unregistered. Click OK.

-Type "regsvr32 [filename]" (shortcut: press your UP ARROW and delete /u)
    -You will receive a prompt saying the file has been successfully registered.

Run the program again. If you receive additional 339/429 errors repeat the steps above for those files. You may have to do this 3 or 4 times. Again though I just recommend as I said creating another user account with admin privileges or you will experience the issue again in the future with other products on Vista.
  16. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    Wicked, catching up on old posts?

:image19:
  17. Wicked

Message Count:
    yes sir... I just wanted to put the information out there.. The chance that the original posters will see it may be slim but the information is there now for any future people who take the time to search the forum for some answers... In all honesty I did not see the age of the thread until after posting... Either way the info is there now..
  18. simple

Message Count:
    lol here i go bringing the post to life again..... i just installed vista 64 bit is this a problem? i would have tried installing WGC but ive misplaced my backup disc with the installer on :( mind you i could try coperate identity creator and flash ad as i have found those LOL
  19. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Simple!
    Nice to see you on the board again.

You can try reDownloading your software here:
    http://www.findmyorder.com

Having a 64bit machine will be no problem.
    I run the software daily on both my Vista and Mac 64 bit machines.

Hope this helps!

Marc
  20. simple

Message Count:
    thanks marc :)

downloading now:image28: thank god it works on vista 64 LOL i was missing it so much:image10-2:

edit again : runs great on a quad too :D