The New Beta Version of The Logo Creator

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by laughingbird, Feb 13, 2012.

1. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Beta 6.0 #2 "Update template sets" in web help menu

I hand to move my logo creator ver 5.2 to the my documents directory to get the update function to work. Once 6.0Beta locates the installation directory is say to click ok to download the updated logo sets- but nothing happens. I assume that's simply because updated version of the logo sets are not available yet.
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Wishlist for ver 6.0....

I would like the ability to print up "catalogs" of the various elements or logos. I could carry my printouts around with me and decide on logo elements and such while I am away from the computer.... It might look something like this...... and include the names of the element. "Liz" for example!

Attached Files:

3. mugwump

Message Count:
    Hi Marc -

This looks great - thanks for your long efforts!

One comment or suggestion I'd make is that the Menu Bar needs to be more Mac-like: it's missing the name of the app! At the moment, the only items visible are "File", "Modify", "Export" and "WebHelpMenu". I think you need the far left item to be "The Logo Creator" in bold, and it would be between the Apple logo and "File". Then under this would be "About", "Preferences", . . . and "Quit".

Thanks!

Steve
  4. Rawben

Message Count:
    Marc,

A grid to light up lettering (when picking individual letters) would be nice.* Something to click on and then click off --- that won't actually show up on the image, but allow us to light up a row of letters.
  5. oldjoe59

Message Count:
    I just downloaded this, have experimented with previous versions, this is a heck of a lot better the way
    it is right now. I run a small one man pc shop out of my apt and will be doing logos,business cards, etc on the side, THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• mt1.jpg
      mt1.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  6. tv10

Message Count:
    Marc,
    Thanks for the the sample of Ver. 6 I have been a customer for almost ten years, I'm excited for the new software. Lately we have been building many cover headers for the new Facebook timelines at 851x315 and 180x180 with Logo Creator. Facebook marketers and guru's are spending many hours trying to figure out the easiest way to tell their clients how to make them. Just a marketing thought, have a built in template to build Facebook cover headers and profile photos, logos. It may need to be easily adjustable as things are always changing. Today on a master mind group, I told the group about Logo Creator for keeping their profiles and timelines up to date. Just a thought. Keep up the great work.
    Kirk
    http://airquick.net
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    :) Hi Kirk.
    Nice to hear from you

Guess what? Already in place :D
    I've been working on templates for the new Timeline and I'll launch them with the new version.

I'm excited about this new templates set. I've already used it myself to import a perfectly sized Timeline image.
  8. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I got another trick!!!! To keep using the final beta version of the 6.0 logo creator all I had to do is change the date on my computer to something before march 20th! I dink around, and change the date back. Yeah some people may say "Danger Will Robinson", but it's a way for me to get my morning electronic Valium......
    laughingbird likes this.
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:

Lol...
    I'm almost ready to launch the "real" version Gc.

Hang in there. Sorry to make you set your clock back!

Marc
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  10. Criss Matesic

Message Count:
    Hi all, great i cant wait for the FB templates etc.Cheers Criss.
  11. Keymaster

Message Count:
    Hey I cant wait either for the logo sets but will we be able to import the ver 5 logos also, there are some since I have the mega pack with everything, that I want to keep.

Waiting for reply :)
  12. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    The beta version of 6.0 did have an option to automatically "import / update" logo sets from other versions, I tried to get it to work, without success-- no biggie, it was a beta version. The individual file structure of logos from version 5.0 when compared to the 6.0 beta are pretty different: it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, both are shapes, but they will only fit into their own particular hole.

A pretty good question by the way, I also seem to recall seeing somewhere in the forum that updated logo sets from previous versions were being prepared, so that yes, you would be able to use previous version logos (at least from version 5.0)....
  13. Keymaster

Message Count:
    Man I cant wait its Midnight here EST and its like waiting for Christmas morning for the release....lol
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  14. Keymaster

Message Count:
    Ok its almost the May 2nd and still no release :( I am getting bummed out was wanting a new toy to play with on my day off but looks like I wont get to
  15. Keymaster

Message Count:
    The Insanity of it all Where is it.... I stayed up all night waiting for the release and to no avail. :(