The New Beta Version of The Logo Creator

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by laughingbird, Feb 13, 2012.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Everybody!

The New Logo Creator version 6.0 is just around the corner.
    I've sent out a beta version and I'll be using this area of the forum to answer questions and get feedback others will be posting.

I'll also be adding screenshots and updates to this post.
    It'll be a 'sticky' so it'll always be at the top of the thread.

Marc
  2. Keymaster

Message Count:
    Awesome Can't wait to see it been looking forward to it. If you need any help let us know.
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    1. Like the full screen option
    2. Canvas size option should be in inches, not just pixels
    3. Wish there were right mouse click options for resizing, selecting options.
    4. Don't like the canvas being locked towards the left side of the screen.
    5. Thank god you fixed how text effects, in particular, are applied.
    6. As is, right now, I would pay about $40 for the basic version of 6.0...
    7. Love the "show element labels" option: makes it easy to select an element when working with items in multiple layers, or items that are close together.
    8. When exporting an image - it exported everything I had on the screen(including element labels, and a brand news text box I had added-I will just have to be a bit more careful in the future. logo tedst.jpg
  4. LShrodes

Message Count:
    I agree with what the previous posted said.* In addition, I liked how we could select an image by clicking and then using the delete button to remove unwanted elements.* I know we can use control - but clicking delete was faster and easier.* At first glance I like the progress made.
  5. djhislop

Message Count:
    Hi Marc,
    I have had a quick look at the ‘new’ version of Logo Creator and it looks great…

I do have a few minor suggestions that you may wish to consider.

Firstly, I agree with the above thread comments, however; in addition to those I would like to see an option that allows users to manually type in their required canvas size because using the sliding ball thing can sometimes be difficult to slide into position.

Also, it would be great if uses had the option to enter Hex Codes for background colors, font colors etc.

And, I know this is probably not a part of the scope of your program, however I would like you to consider this anyway… How about including some kind of Hex Color Picker program that will allow users to go from logo creator to a website, match a color and then return to Logo Creator and use the exact color for designing purposes?

If I think of anything else, I will let you know…

Kind Regards
    Dean.
  6. dandoty

Message Count:
    Something I'd like to see added is the ability to copy and paste images from the web instead of having to save an image, then add it.
  7. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Thought of another thing: I want to be able to have more than 1 canvas at a time open.
  8. Keymaster

Message Count:
    Ok dont know if anyone else has seen this or not but if you go to help and about logo creator and you have an open canvas or anyting. You can not do any thing else to it after you go to help and about.... it completely blocks access to your canvas. you end up having to restart the program as long as you dont do it more than once you can save your work and restart but if you havnt saved your work then you have to start over

xkPUbH.jpg
  9. retired911

Message Count:
    I concur with gcuneo2 but I would like to add that that the canvas working area have the ability to scroll left to right and up to down.
    Also, I would like to see if you already own the latest version of the TLC, that there would be a discount to upgrade and not pay full price vs. someone just buying it for the first time.

10. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Excellent feedback on this so far.
    We're still fine tuning it all and I'm creating and obtaining a ton of cool objects and logo elements.

I'm working on some 'page header' templates today (The Logo Creator doesn't just create logos :) )
    I did a quick page header for my brother today...

clickCom.jpg
  11. Mattster

Message Count:
    Everything mentioned is pretty much spot on... Not sure I am fan yet of the new text manipulation, but I am trying! Being able to type in my canvas size would be a big plus as mentioned! All in all, not bad!!! :)
  12. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Re: The New Beta Version of The Logo Creator (01 MARCH 2012 RELASE)

1. the initial install worked well. I see the logo elements, and logo libraries when looking at the file directories, and all the various elements appear to be there, HOWEVER, nothing appears in the pull down menus of select templates, or select logo elements.

2. I noticed I can select an image I imported, which is all I can do right now, and just hit my delete key to make it go away, that is nice!

3. I didn't even bother with the photo express thing when I saw I would have to set up an account, and purchase a subscription, I closed the window as fast as I could...

4. I noticed the "Adobe Runtime Air" showed up in this installation, and it wasn't in the first beta release.
  13. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Re: The New Beta Version of The Logo Creator (01 MARCH 2012 RELASE)

1. I noticed the "Adobe Runtime Air" showed up in this installation, and it wasn't in the first beta release.

2. I can now just hit my delete key to make something go away.

3. I could not update my template set from the web help menu-- navigation ability with the pop up window appeared to be useless.

4. I still don't like the Pixel size thing with the canvas. I like inches. OK, I'm done with the whole pixel thing now!

5. Very nice new style logo elements with the #2 6.0 Beta.

6. When I went to test print a logo I made the program first asked me if I wanted to save it. I cancelled the save. As soon as I hit cancel my newly created logo disappeared from the canvas, and the program stopped functioning. I could not change canvas color, Import a picture, nothin'.

7. WISHLIST (even though it's getting late in the game for that!) I would like a preference tab. I want to be able to set the default size of thing I won't talk about any more, font, canvas position.

8. WISHLIST I really would like to be able to import image libraries / Create image galleries. I have thousands of pictures, and bajillions (yes, I counted em, "Bajillions") of clipart images, I wish I could just click my mouse a couple of times and be done with it. I have no issue with making my own custom libraries of images (Which I have not tried with the 2nd Beta release), but it sure would be easier to pay someone else to figure it out!

9. I'm still hoping for a right mouse functionality when working with elements. A right mouse click would be to bring up all the text options----
  14. Mattster

Message Count:
    I may have missed this the first time - when I change canvas size it would be nice to have it immediately snap to that size. It auto-corrects once I click on the corner of the canvas...
  15. Mattster

Message Count:
    Also, what about the images auto-adjusting to the size of the canvas? If I am doing a 125x125 and drag an image down it is always huge!
  16. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Re: The New Beta Version(#2) of The Logo Creator

1. I happened across something I like. Once you select an image element, Let's say a character from the cartoonys pack 1. You want to change an attribute of the image. In this case, I simple want to make it smaller. I click on the image, it brings up the image format window. I click on the "scale" slider once with my mouse.

I then keep my eyes directly on the image, and simple scale the image using the scroll wheel on my mouse. When using my scroll wheel to change image attributes controlled with a slider it only does so in .03 increments.

This technique works with any attribute you can change with a slider control (opacity and scale for example).

I just prefer to keep my eyes on an image when I'm doing something with it. Now don't get me wrong, I like the new layout the way it is (It's so much better than the older version), I'm just sitting here thinking, hmmmmmmm why can't it do....?

WISHLIST:
    Attached is an image of the image format control panel. I would like to be able to move it around my work area and park it wherever I want. For example: I want to park it right on top of my canvas, or move it's location to the right side of my screen for example.

Attached Files:

17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Re: The New Beta Version(#2) of The Logo Creator

Terrific feedback*gcuneo2!

Nice catch on the scroll wheel!
    Keep throwing out tips and tricks!

Marc
  18. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I did this by replacing 1 file!

It's not a cut and Paste, it's not "'edited". I changed 1 file in the *******\*******\***** directory! The "readme" file in the Beta6.0 #2 install does say to use and abuse it... This might be a bit too far!

I created a logo that pretty much matched the size (in pixels) and format of the original, and exported it. I renamed the original file, and gave the original file name to my "new" file.

Attached Files:

19. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    More "Use and Abuse"

THIS APPLIES TO THE BETA 6.0 #2 RELEASE ONLY!

Something else I've dinked around with....(Discovery #2)

You can manually edit the tagline and slogan files! They are simple .txt files and can be edited in wordpad. In the beta version they are in the ASSETS folder. I've done some experimenting: I deleted the original tagline and slogan files, and created my own libraries filled with quotes. I have not tried making tags and slogans that are more than a few sentences long- however - If you hang onto the original files in the Beta release (just rename the files) you can have all the fun you want, and then give the original files back their original names, no harm done whatsoever. C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\TLC Beta Windows\assets is where the two text files are locate on my computer (WIN7)...
  20. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Re: More "Use and Abuse"

Lol!
    Where's the LIKE button when you need it?

Nice find there gcuneo2!
    Yes, you can fully edit, delete or alter these text files to suite your needs.

I'm not sure I have any great ideas for editing or altering these files just yet.
    If you find some use out of creating your own text, post it! I'd love to hear new ideas.

Marc
    Doc likes this.