The Logo Creator 5.1 update

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by laughingbird, Jan 19, 2007.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    The Logo Creator version 5.1 update.

What you need:
    Version 5.0 of The Logo Creator.

What it fixes:
    This update takes care of the "Building Logo" splash screen that fails to disappear when opening certain logos.

This problem occurred if there was a space after some created text. This space (when the logo was saved as a .tlc file) would prevent the 'building logo' image from disappearing.

This update also fixes the scrolling problem some users were having when trying to select a font in the font list.

NOTE:
    This update does not contain any logos and it is not a full program. It wont' run or install unless you have a copy of The Logo Creator v5.0 already installed.

Windows:
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/updates/TLC51_Update_Setup.zip

Mac:
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/updates/TLC5_v51updater.sit
  2. kwf

Message Count:
    Installation Path

My installation is on the D partition of my system. The 5.1 update defaults to C and theire no way to change it. How would I go about updating my installation?
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Installing your TLC v5.1 on your D: drive

Hi KWF.

Interesting. You should be able to install wherevever you wish!
    Temporarily drag "The Logo Creator v5" folder from your D drive to your C drive.

Run the installer above, and then move it back.

At least this will update the software until I can figure out what the installer is doing.

- Marc
  4. Sherwood

Message Count:
    I downloaded and installed the 5.1 update in hopes of it fixing the scrolling problem to select a font, but I am still unable to scroll down the font list and select a different font to use. I am using a Windows based PC, with XP-Pro as my OS, with 1GB of RAM. Could you help me get the program to run correctly so that I can use all of my installed fonts, including the ones that came with The Logo Creator, The Corporate Edition? I just recently purchased the software.
  5. Sherwood

Message Count:
    After searching the forums I found someone else who was having the same problem and used the toggle the Num lock key on the keyboard, which in turn allowed me to scroll the Embedded and System Fonts (of which I have a very large number of fonts).

A Suggestion: In order to save users time, and not take up additional forum space, the thread where the solution was located, http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/logo-creator/4481-select-xxxx-font-window-wont-scroll.html should be turned into a sticky until a permanent fix can be found, because I am sure this will not be the last time a new user encounters this glitch. As long as there is a work around I don't see the glitch as a real problem, just a bit of a frustration.

Thanks for a great product...:image28:
  6. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    well another answer is the number of fonts...If you have alot of fonts...then it will take awhile for all of them to load up. that will cause a hinderence too.
  7. domeacile

Message Count:
    I just downloaded 5.1 because the "building logo please wait" message wouldn't disappear on my Mac Dual G5. I still have the same problem. Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
  8. GlosterMan

Message Count:
    I have the Logo creator V5.0 and when I select check for updates the program crashes?

I have it installed on a D partition.
  9. cubbz

Message Count:
    Not Updating ...

I downloaded the windows version of the 5.1 update program. I unzipped the file and ran the setup program. Everything seemed to run fine and the last screen of the installer said the program was now updated to the 5.1 version of the software.

I go into TLC and click on WebHelp > About the Logo Creator and the splash screen still shows Version 5.0

What's up with this?

:image09:
  10. bigpoppapuff

Message Count:
    got this thanks for the great update. :image28:
  11. gentri80y

Message Count:
    I purchased this TLC web 2.0 version 5.0 a while back. And now I have 5.2 version.
  12. gentri80y

Message Count:
    I'm confused now, last night when I checked 'About The Logo Creator' I have 'version 5.2'. But I don't see any v5.2 here.

Tonight, I clicked 'checked for updates'. I updated my TLC to 5.1. Now I have 5.1 version./

Question: What is the real latest version of TLC? Did I do the right thing that I have 5.2 then I changed it into 5.1?

Please reply.
  13. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hello gentri.

Please excuse the confusion.
    I apologize.

Version 5.2 is actually the latest version.

The ONLY difference between v5.1 and v5.2 is that The Logo Creator integrates with a new product I'm about to launch called 'The Animated Logo Creator'

Version 5.2 contains one little menu command. This command is the only reason the version is updated to v5.2

I've started shipping the new version (v5.2) but have not announced the official update yet. ... since there's really nothing to update.

The Animated Logo Creator will launch shortly! In January.

For now, you have the most updated version.

I hope this helps a little.

-Marc