The importance of contacting logo designers.

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by KD-did, Aug 4, 2008.

1. KD-did

Message Count:
    ALL images and design concepts shown in The Small Business Design Network (SBDN) http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/ forums are covered by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America (Title 17 U.S.C., et seq., & the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) unless stated otherwise.

Designers are solely responsible for the tracking of their own images and designs. Designers are solely responsible for asserting their rights in seeking restitution (Copyright laws provide for statutory penalties of up to $150,000 per incident) or other legal remedies at their disposal . The Small Business Design Network (SBDN) http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/ will upon claim and by providing a link to stolen design or images will aid designers in identifying of the culprit/s if the design was or was not identified as belonging to the designer by watermarking or other means, as it is NOT required by copyright laws to assert ownership.

The importance of contacting logo designers.

Technically all designs and elements of designs belong to the designers until they grant permission of use. Or until they provide you with the necessary files under the Copyright Laws of the United States of America (Title 17 U.S.C., et seq., & the Digital Millennium Copyright Act). The conditions of use will vary from designer to designer. Some may requiring a link to a website, a contribution to their favorite charity... to some wanting monitory compensation. There is also information that you may need to know like if they own the images used in their designs, what the font names are and if there is any condition of use. Just because it is a concept or sample showing in the forum doesn't mean that it is FREE or isn't FREE or there aren't issues you need to be aware of. Contacting the designers is not only the smart thing to do it is also the polite thing to do.

Remember always honor the ownership of logo designs of the designers and contact the designer by private message or email for the conditions of use.
  2. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    excellent post Katie,gets a big thumbs up from me ,people would do well to take this on board
  3. perfectjewel

Message Count:
    Katie,

I'm glad to see this post though I know it's been said before on here. I used to be a regular visitor and contributor to this forum until my "sample" logos designed at the request of people were appropriated without so much as a thank you. I did have a number of people pm me and request pricing to use them and that was great. But there is a certain segment of the population who have no problem stealing other people's intellectual property. It's very disconcerting.
  4. h8er

Message Count:
    Wow, that's not funny. My post disappeared off this thread.
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    perfectjewel, you have been missed. I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to be offering design ideas here in the forum. Hopefully you will consider entering TLC sponsored contest when we have them as a way of exercising your creativity. It is our hope to have them more frequently in the future.

Do hope you will check in more often and look for "stickies" of threads on techniques like...making orbs with images inside.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7801
    or tutorials on on making of a glowing effects on text and elements.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8087

If you have any ideas on how we can expand the forum in other ways that you would again feel comfortable in showing your creativity in the forums it would be great to hear too.