The Business Card Creator - Update from CIC

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator (BCC)' started by laughingbird, Oct 27, 2008.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    The Business Card Creator version 2.0 update.
    Posted October, 2008

What you need:
    Version 1.0 or 1.5 of The Corporate Identity Creator. Mac And Windows users

What it fixes:

Updates the software. No longer uses ".Net" technology (offers better performance).

Enhanced interface

Enhanced "Admin" section

Better integration with The Logo Creator images and VistaPrint printshop

Adds new Postcard images

Removes "Envelope" feature

Fixes a problem that occurred when importing a transparent PNG image. Some images imported okay, but appeared distorted when printing.

Also fixed a problem with the Letterhead print feature. Some machines were reporting an error message (page is too big or too wide to print...).
    This updater fixes this issue.

Update (free) from The CiCreator to the new BCC:
    Click Here

2. cynsegura11

Message Count:
    Dear Staff,

I bought this software last Friday which is the last version Business card creator 2.OO. I have windows vista and it is not possible to import any logo which were done with logo creator which are jpg and png and any photo.
    It says error number 2038.
    Please let me know.
    Many thanks,
  3. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Error 2038 is a critical system error caused by corrupt and missing registry data. This can be affiliated with the BCC program not being recognized in the registry as installed on your machine. This can be a very lengthy and tedious task figuring that out if your not custom to looking for and fixing this type of error in your registry not to mention dangerous to your machine, What I suggest is a re-install and see if that will fix the problem paying attention to the install data presented to you during the process.
  4. cynsegura11

Message Count:
    Dear Staff,

I did what you told I unstalled it and installed it again. But it is the same, I really would like that this software can work it. I also installed it in a machine which has windows vista and it is the same. It is not possible to import images. Please let me know. It is a pitie because the design is terrific
    Many thanks.
    Cindy
  5. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    This is why I stay with XP...So many users of Vista have had some serious issues with that OS...
    Perhaps some of the other members who do use Vista can shed some light on this issue, I really dont think its the Software BCC causing the problem, I think its more of the operating system because of its inability to run 3rd party software and all the supposed safeguards vista is suppose to have built in.
  6. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    I'm taking a guess here, but, maybe you need to right click the file and run as Administrator when installing it?
  7. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Cindy

This is a Win Vista permissions issue. See this thread

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8450&highlight=#2038

and it should solve the problem. There is a solution.zip file attached in this thread, which shows how to correct it.

cheers
    Flashorama
    :)

8. firedup

Message Count:
    I downloaded Business card Creator and the Corporate Edition I installed the Corporate program (paid) but when i try to install the Business card creator the installer tells me I need to install the Corporate Edition first. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

I removed and reinstalled All my laughingbird prorams as well and still same problem. I have xp and vista tryed on both computers same issue.
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    firedup, the best way to deal with problems is to do an uninstall, remove the files under program files so you are starting with a clean slate getting a fresh download if you don't have the CD and start the installation process again. Keep the BCC as a stand alone and do not merge BCC with your other TLC products.
  10. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hello Firedup

Please clarify whether you have the "Corporate Edition" for The Logo Creator, OR The Corporate Identity Creator program installed on your system. These are two separate things and you need The Corporate Identity Creator program installed if you are using the the Business Card Creator upgrade.

cheers
    Flashorama

11. pjay

Message Count:
    I also downloaded Business card Creator and the Corporate Edition I installed the Corporate program (paid) but when i try to install the Business card creator the installer tells me The Corporate Identity Creator installation is not found, Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

I also removed and reinstalled All my laughingbird prorams as well and still same problem. I have vista on my computer. Please help
  12. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Pjay

Please see my previous post and clarify whether you have Corporate Edition for The Logo Creator or The Corporate Identity Creator software.

cheers
    Flashorama
  13. pjay

Message Count:
    Hi Flashorama,

I have the Corporate Edition 5.1
  14. Flashorama

Message Count:
    The BCC update installs the software only if you have Corporate Identity Creator installed. If not you'll need to buy it.

Unfortunately you don't have that software instead you are trying to install it with Coporate Edition of TLC. This corporate edition and CIC are two different products.

Hope it helps.

cheers
    Flashorama

15. lmc4u2

Message Count:
    I'm having the same problem. Were you able to get information that allowed you to remedy it?
  16. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi

If the problem is similar to the main post below then read my replies as they explain the solution. If not, then kindly explain the problem once.

cheers
    Flashorama

17. steevereynol

Message Count:
    i found it lot of helpful

but i need more information regarding intelligent design of business card design sites, which might help me to design logo online for free with so many versatilities. i found so many but not of my choice.
    if u have then please provide me.
  18. Ruelle Smith

Message Count:
    I wanted to learn this software too so that I can able fix my business card. I want to create my own card, with my own style,logo etc. Thank you for posting this site and this could really help us.