1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

The Assets Folder...

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by pbcunningham, Mar 21, 2007.

1. pbcunningham

Message Count:
    Hi, this is my first time posting on here so please be gentle!!!

I use this product for the creation of EBook covers for the guides I advertise on my site (Salt Water Aquarium - Bringing The Ocean To Your Home) - this part work fine.

I have used the spinning ecover aspect to create a flash cover which I attempted to load into my guide. The software I use is EBook Pro by the Internet Marketing Center. This software takes html feeds and then somehow adjsusts them into an excutable. Before I compile the book the spinning ecover works fine, however after I compile it the cover no longer shows - all I see is the shadow. Therefore it looks like the ebook software has not compiled the assets folders into the build.

What I am wondering is if there is any way to create these spinning covers into just a single .swf file and not have the assets folder at all.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Peter Cunningham
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Pete.
    Welcome to the forum!

Your eCover images look terrific! Great job on them.

Can you point me to your spinning eCover?
    It sounds like you may not have uploaded all of the files to the server.

The files that need to be uploaded should be:

The .Swf file (example: mySpinningBox.swf)
    The Assets folder (example: mySpinningBox_assets)
    and the HTML Page

Point me to the page that contains just the shadow so I can take a look.

As for the 'stand alone' .swf file - Yes! I hear you loud and clear on this. It's been a main focus point for me for quite a while. We see the light at the end of the tunnle. I hope to have a true stand alone .swf output soon.

(when is soon? Don't know. :D)
    :image06:

- Marc
  3. pbcunningham

Message Count:
    God that was a quick reply!!!!

Would love to point you at a site but it isn't one - it is inside an ebook.

I use html to create the ebook and the compile it down into a single executable with everything contained within that executable.

I wasn't picking on you - please don't think that I was aiming this at yourself - you have created a wonderful product, a product which you should be applauded for.

It's no problem for me if it cant be done. I can simply remove it from the ebook until it can be done.

Thanks

Peter :image28:

P.S. Where do you get these wonderful smilies from - would love some like this on my forum!!
  4. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    Whoa, Marc this was over 2 years ago! I am trying to search the forums for anyone who found a workaround the the restrictions of only 1 eBook on a site, due to the "Book_Graphics" folder in the root. How come the delay in making a single SWF, or at least some configuration for the swf pointers, like maybe a config file...

SDI