text editor

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Roger Ely, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Roger Ely

Message Count:
    The text editor needs to be expandable and able to handle more than a couple sentences. *I use it to create sales pages, headlines, tag lines descriptions etc and in most cases I'm writing the last line or two blind. *It's a hassle to have to write a couple lines, add it format it then a write a couple more lines and go through that process several time.
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    THIS MIGHT HELP....
    THIS APPLIES TO THE BETA 6.0 #2 RELEASE ONLY!
    You can manually edit the tagline and slogan files. They are simple .txt files and can be edited in wordpad. In the beta version they are in the ASSETS folder. I've done some experimenting: I deleted the original tagline and slogan files, and created my own libraries filled with quotes. I have not tried making tags and slogans that are more than a few sentences long- however - If you hang onto the original files in the Beta release (just rename the files) you can have all the fun you want, and then give the original files back their original names, no harm done whatsoever. C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\TLC Beta Windows\assets is where the two text files are locate on my computer (WIN7)...

I cannot locate the tagline / slogan text files in my version 5.2 of the logo creator. You possibly could a simple search for files that end in .txt in the directories of your installed software (Whatever laughingbird product), and edit those .txt if found, creating your taglines and slogans you could easily paste.

The guts of most of the laughingbird software appear to be files with .cxt file extensions-- uber geeky to open and edit.... good luck!
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yup.
    We're totally going to change the way the text editing works.

It's not flowing just right the way it is now (in the Beta version). We're about to alter the code.
    Hang tight on this one! * :)

Marc