Symbol and Special Characters

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by eugene, Jun 17, 2008.

1. eugene

Message Count:
    Hi Flash Ad users.

I'm looking for some help for The Flash Ad Creator ver. 2.5
    I'd like to use this letters, á é í ó ú ñ Ñ and when I preview it, its Ok but when I exports its gone, please any one could help me.

- Eugene,
    PR.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Unfortunately there is an issue with language characters which hopefully will be taken care of in a future update. As a work around ...if you do your text in a 3rd party software it can be imported and added to you graphics.
  3. dssasus1

Message Count:
    No support to special characters is a great mistake

I think that no support to special characters is an unpardonable lack :image27: I hope in a quick patch
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    This thread maybe of some help...
    Foreign language TLC with proper regional and languag settings on an English keyboard
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8100

It is important to note that not all fonts have symbol and special characters available in them. The font foundries didn't include them when they made the fonts. Symbol and special characters can only be added by the font makers themselves... just as if the font has only upper or lowercase letters it is a case of you can only get what a font has to offer from it. And the only way to be certain is to have a good character map with a font viewer and/or have specific language fonts.
  5. belak

Message Count:
    Just no comments. This software is just for english spoken countries. Pity to buy it.
  6. ENGYVZ

Message Count:
    Isn't there a solution about using other language characters? I need to use Turkish letters (ı,ğ,ş)..because i live in Türkiye. This is really a great mistake!
  7. geiri

Message Count:
    Any news on this??

This is an old bug has it not been fixed?
  8. Wicked

Message Count:
    The best you can do is see KD-did's post above. It explains everything quite well.
  9. geiri

Message Count:
    It is not working. I have everything enabled I have tried many languages Swedish German, Icelandic nothing works
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    The animated ads uses only embedded fonts and not system fonts so you'll only be able to use the characters available in them, however, the non animated ads can use system fonts and the ability to use special character should work if your settings are right. I believe that if you work in the Art Center and use those as your images with your special characters. Perhaps the native FLA files included in the version 2.6 can be used to changed to make it possible to use the system fonts.