Student Employments Site

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GCFL

Message Count:
    I like the first of the two latest samples. The problem I think we have is that individually the components (Halton text logo and the employeement sign) have merit but together they seem to be a bit disjointed. I am afraid that currently the two most viable options are the Halton logo without the sign or redo the logo in a different style if the sign must be incorporated but then it ultimately depends on what Skitzo thinks.
  2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Can always even recreate the sign to go with a design if thats an option.. What Allen did mignt be a satisfactory look for Skitzo.. Well see.
  3. GCFL

Message Count:
    This is pretty simple but it is based on the globe graphic. Let me know what you think

Attached Files:

4. awalck

Message Count:
    Nice work there GCFL. Nice clean logo. My only advice about the design is that the yellow swoosh could maybe flow a little better with the design, but I really like what you've done! Good job. My only advice, if this were my client, would be to only use the globe if Halton was helping students get summer jobs all over the world. The globe seems to imply a huge area vs. local. Just my opinion - again, nice logo. :)
  5. GCFL

Message Count:
    Yeah, I agree about the swoosh. I was playing with some brushes and never really settled on one i liked. I will update and post a bit later.
  6. Skitzo

Message Count:
    I think they are all awesome!! I'm sending them off to the students now - They will be working on it all summer (hopefully) and in September we will be having "Goodwill Industires", "Links toCare" and other social services come to help us with their employment resources. I wouldn't say there is "poverty" in the area; but many people have problems and the teens are going out to work to help support the families (if they can find a job) - This site should really help them. You guys Rock!! I love the signs hanging off "halton" - Did you use TLC Awalck? I like those other little graphics you put in there - there are too many "Arrows" on the site as it is.

The graphics I provided (globe, sign etc) are only a few suggestions I had - because I didn't have anything else ;-) If anyone has any other icons; I'm sure they would be open to that also.
  7. GCFL

Message Count:
    OK, here is another swoosh. I like this better

Attached Files:

8. Wicked

Message Count:
    Special Thanks to Allen for color changing the sign and putting it up for others use. Here are two more ideas from me with the sign in the design...

Edit:
    Uploaded a 3rd design which is just the first one change up a bit. I moved the cracking on the right of the design to make the word employment more readable.

Attached Files:

9. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Hey those are cool... what background did you use there? It's like some sort of electrical crackling?
  10. Wicked

Message Count:
    Its just a background I created using a cracking custom shape. Just added some outter glow to match the color scheme and played with the blending options in photoshop. I was just playing with something different..
  11. Wicked

Message Count:
    Well I actually wasn't going for an electrical crack though I can see that now that you say it.. I just tried something different with the younger generation in mind. If you have any ideas let me know.. maybe I can pull them off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.