Still New to this, trying to set canvas size to printers specs

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mkreal, Mar 4, 2006.

1. mkreal

Message Count:
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out if I can do this. My printer needs my discount cards with these specs. Can I do this all with TLC?
    {The layout should be sized to 3.475" wide X 2.225" High X 300 dpi with all text within a 3/16" border to allow for radioed cropping. For best results, sending us your original "layered" file is recommended. However a "flattened" image should be provided at 300 dpi or greater and saved in CMYK format as a high-quality .psd, .jpg, .jpeg, .cdr, .ai, .pdf } Im not sure what all that means. Thanks
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    I am not totally certain what he means either, however, there is no real CMYK format in TLC .
  3. D RAT2

Message Count:
    Sounds like he wants you to layout the whole card design in a eps file. You are not going to be able to do this with TLC. The best thing to do is to provide a vectorized image to the printer of your logo and let him layout the rest. Or you can use the Corporate Identity Creator found in this forum.
  4. pandapig8

Message Count:
    What Unit Is In The Dimensions

is the dimension unit set to centimeter, milimeter, or inches? if i print this in a t-shirt would the dimensions still be the same?
  5. pandapig8

Message Count:
    What Unit Is In The Dimensions

is the canvas dimension unit set to centimeter, milimeter, or inches? if i print this in a t-shirt would the dimensions still be the same?
  6. Chris

Message Count: