Sizing of Box

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Rawben, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Rawben

Message Count:
    I'm having issues with the box sizing.* I'm trying to create a timeline at 851 x 315 pixels.* When I clicked on the size box in the canvas it took the changes on the screen, but the image box didn't change in size.* Next I used the circle dial and it took me to a close number, but not exact.* But, when I try and upload the image to my FB timeline it tells me my width must be 399 pixels?* Any ideas?

Windows 7 User
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I assume you are making a logo (using a canvas that is 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels high), (which is an aspect ratio of 2.7:1) correct? If so, read on.....

AS LONG AS YOUR LOGO IS 720(WIDTH) X 315 (HEIGHT) YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE. FB will resize smaller pix but they will become pixelated.

The new Facebook Timeline cover photo size is 850×315. That's 850 pixels WIDE BY 315 pixels TALL.

Officially Facebook FAQ says your cover image must be at least 720 pixels wide. Smaller images will get upload errors. Does that mean you have to edit photo and images to be that exact size? Nope! Your exported logo can have bigger dimensions, FB will automatically "crop" the photo \ image (typically in .jpg format). Once the timeline cover photo is posted you will find your photo (or logo) centered (regardless of aspect ration meaning 4.3 16:9 1.1, etc...) and you will be able to slide the photo up and down a bit to make final adjustments.

I hate to ask but I just gotta: is your logo design 315 pixels wide by 850 pixels tall by any chance?

I will make a logo (Using verso 5.2 of the logo creator) with your dimensions and see what happens with FB.... (5 minutes later)... I created a facebook timeline cover photo using the logo creator ver 5.2 with the dimensions you gave, and it worked just fine! 1 Caveat: I did not take into consideration my profile picture covering up part of the logo...
  3. Rawben

Message Count:
    For the life of me every time I cut and past the image to show you, when I hit submit it takes me to a TLC order page.* :(

My size is 851 to 282, maybe I need to try the 720 and see if that works?
  4. Rawben

Message Count:
    I just tried again and it still won't work and the attachment feature isn't working either.
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    This issue: Fixed!** :D

Check your eMail for the latest version of the beta(3) downloads!
    Here's a quick video on the 'canvas sizing' issue:

http://www.thelogocreator.com/the-logo-creator-beta3/

Let me know what you think of this new feature
    (I personally love it)** :)

Marc