Simple logo that needs a professional touch

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by HRB, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRB

Message Count:
    Thank you all who attempt this for me, I will do my very best to continually show my gratitude to you as an artist by offering any future business through my clients or myself. I am on a tight shoe string budget, as many have been through, so at this time, I can not thank you with a monetary reward at this immediate time, but do not be surprised to see something come your way in the near future as the business goes forward. -Dustin-

Attached Files:

2. HRB

Message Count:
    I took a screenshot of my template as it is not online yet, so if anyone is interested I can email it to them, it's too big of a file to post here.

3. GCFL

Message Count:
    I am on vacation currently but if still open, I will give it a shot when I get back. Do you want to keep it more retro like your example here or are you open to anything?

I would like to see the trmplate also. email is duane@gulfcoastfreelance.com

4. HRB

Message Count:
    What I sent was a very recent change, It doesn't really fit with my website design, so I just posted this so it is still very much open, and I am very patient, there a lot of other things I need to work on, I just wanted to get this rolling to see where it goes, and see if together we find something that fits. Enjoy your vacation, take your time. Thank you for responding though, it's appreciated.

5. Wicked

Message Count:
    Not really sure about the what the website does but I just did some general things looking for any direction.

Attached Files:

6. GCFL

Message Count:
    good point. what kind of business is this?

7. HRB

Message Count:
    That is a good point. If you would like a screen shot of my website layout I can email that to anyone who requests it. It's too big to upload here. Kanier Lifestyle is a personal concierge service. For inspiration a competitor that I have been following closely is www.tenlifestyle.com I am also going for a logo that can stand alone on the front of a business card, as this business will take shape of a private members club in the near future. So my business card will only have the K and L on the front of it. So it really does only need to be the K L for the logo, how we get it with specific fonts shadowing and angles or whatever you guys do what you do. I hope this helps. Email me at Surratt.D@gmail.com for a screenshot or any other discussions if you like. Thanks.

8. doc fluty

Message Count:
    so.. whatcha think?

[​IMG]

9. HRB

Message Count:
    I found a free hosting site to post my front page too, so you guys can see exactly what I'm headed towards, and can design a proper logo from that. I really just want a simple logo with a K and L , http://kanier.freei.me take a look, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

10. GCFL

Message Count:
    OK, here is an idea. It sounds like simplicity is the key. Also based on your website and company description, stability and trustworthiness is also the hallmark of your service. I have tried to capture all these qualities here. This is very simple, as you requested so let me know if this is closer.

BTW, the KL box will also lend itself very well to brand recognition throughout the site, future ads, etc. as well as translate to print media.

Attached Files:

11. HRB

Message Count:
    You are correct on your assumptions, I would like the font to be a lot more elegant as far as the Kanier Lifestyle goes. Also I would like the K L to be in front of the name, when you look on the site and see the reverse K L and how the L wraps the K , I am pretty much set on that look I believe, unless something just grabs me perfectly. So if someone can take what I have and turn it into something better, that is what will have me sold.

12. GCFL

Message Count:
    Hmm, it sounds like you may already have the logo you are happy with. :) However, have a new version to take a look at. I did not reverse the "L" here...does not work with my block idea but I have moved it to the front and changed the text to a script version.

Attached Files:

13. HRB

Message Count:
    I have my layout that I am happy with, not my logo. I like the font, still do not like the box or smaller L , much better though, best i've seen so far.

14. GCFL

Message Count:
    So to be clear, you want the layout with the KL graphic in the front and you like this script on the last sample...are you also saying that you specifically prefer the KL graphic also include reversed lettering?

15. HRB

Message Count:
    It does not have to be reversed, but I haven't seen anything that has made me say no never mind, that works, the reason I chose to reverse the lettering, was it gave it a different look then just lettering and it put the back of the L against Kanier Lifestyle to sort of separate the two. I am not a designer by any means, not even a web designer, so I really don't know what works best, so I try to follow not lead when it comes to this, but I also know what I want my overall site to look like when finished.

16. GCFL

Message Count:
    Try this one for size

Attached Files:

17. HRB

Message Count:
    First off thank you for not feeling the need to watermark it, so I could get a good idea on what it looks like on the site. I appreciate that.

I love the font of Kanier Lifestyle. I do like the K L still not 100$ sold on it, but do agree that the font should match in this case, so you've done well with that font, I think it would look bad if we reversed the K as well. If you can improve on the K L let me know, I am really starting to like what you have going here.

The only other thing is the Blue on the font, it doesn't mesh well with the site, maybe a gray and white? Or perhaps if you look at the site I have a grayish/blue color used, that may look good with gray or white. I really appreciate your work though, I think we are very close.

18. HRB

Message Count:
    I've messed with the color a bit, and I do believe a light gray and a grayish blue that matches the navigation bar on my site would fit very nicely, love to see what you come up with.

19. GCFL

Message Count:
    OK, I have matched the colors to your website...I should have done that anyway and have cleaned the "L" up quite a bit. Once I changed the color and added a bit of a drop shadow to pop the "L" out a bit more...I think it works well...at least I hope it does. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

20. GCFL

Message Count:
    OK, per your request, same logo as last but slightly lighter shade of blue.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.