Showcase Creator Help

Discussion in 'The Showcase/Presentation Creator' started by Greggg, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Greggg

Message Count:
    Help! I'm trying to create a slideshow in "swf" format so I can insert it into a website. I can import all the graphics I want, I can save everything but how do I (or can I) save the entire slideshow as an "swf" file?

Thanks!

2. KD-did

Message Count:
    I did a save first giving me a .scp file...then just do an export and you will have 3 options jpeg, PDF or SWF.. I am enjoying this product way too much. And why not with results like my screen shot.

3. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi

There are 2 ways to export an SWF
    1) Export From Slide Menu [at the top] or press E button in the left menu - This will export just the current slide.

2) Export All from File Menu [at the top] or press EXPORT button in the top navigation - This will export all the slides in one SWF.

cheers
    Flashorama
    :image28:

4. Greggg

Message Count:
    Thanks for the quick responses but I guess I still must be doing something wrong. Here's what's happening:

I export "all"

Select the format in which you would like to export your showcase. I select the .swf radio button and click "continue"

The swf options box shows. Click "save"

The "choose a filename" box appears. I enter a filename. The "save as type" box shows "all files (*.*). This is where I expected to see *.swf.

Showcase has been exported.

After all that I can't find the swf file anywhere.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

5. KD-did

Message Count:
    Look in Documents...

6. Greggg

Message Count:
    Still no luck. Some of the showcase documents show as Firefox documents. Could using Firefox and not IE make a difference?

7. KD-did

Message Count:
    I had to do a "spotlight" on my Mac to find my first .swf file after I wanted it export to my desktop..... maybe you should do a search by file name.

8. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi

Is it possible for you to send the .SCP file you have made?

cheers

9. KD-did

Message Count:
    On my PC it looks like it defaulted >>> My Documents>>>"temp GRP>>>images. My .swf file labeled with a series of numbers shows with the icon for irfanview but it is the exported .swf file

10. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi KD

The tempGRP is a temporary folder and it disappears as soon as the SWF creation process is complete.

Hi Greggg,
    Ideally, the SWF should be exported alongwith the HTML file at the location selected by you. If for some reason you can not locate the SWF or facing any other issue, I'd be able to resolve it once I have the .SCP file. I have sent you my email id.

cheers

11. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Gregg

I got your email with the file and I have sent you published files.

I'll wait to hear from you once you have seen the email.

cheers

12. Deokoria

Message Count:
    I am also having a little problem here with exporting SWF files for entire showcases. If I choose to export a single slide, I have no trouble finding and viewing the file. However, it I try to export all slides, I only seem to be getting an HTML file in the export. Any hints for something else to try?

Thanks!

13. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Deokoria

If you are using Win Vista, then right click on SCC icon and select run as administrator from properties.

This should solve the problem on Vista but incase you have a different operating system, please send me the SCP file.

cheers
    Flashorama

14. Deokoria

Message Count:
    Thanks so much, Flashorama, that worked like a charm!

15. Flashorama

Message Count:
    That's wonderful!

Can you tell me your full system configuration? And are you using a 64-bit Vista? This information will help us removing this issue in next update as this does not come in all Vista machines.

And do write how do you find the software? Or may be share your work as well.

cheers
    Flashorama

16. Deokoria

Message Count:
    No problem - here's the basics of my system config (it is 64-bit) - just let me know if you need more:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate (64-Bit)
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model Aspire X3200
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 8400 Triple-Core Processor, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-A3, 7/31/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

And so far, I'm liking the application quite a lot, especially now that I can get the flash files to generate. :)

17. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Thanks very much! In case I need to know anything else about your machine, I will let you know.

cheers
    Flashorama

18. mrwatcher1

Message Count:
    I just got the SHOWCASE CREATOR yesterday and the thing I can't figure out is How to save several PICS / SCP file to make a SWF / slideshow ?

I can do one at a time - SAVE / SAVE AS SWF FILE...

But how do you save several to make one SWF / SLIDESHOW ?

Thanks for any Help
    GREG

19. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Greg

There are two ways to do it:

1) Click NEW > IMPORT IMAGES FOLDER - This will allow you to import 20 images at once as multiple slides

2) Check SLIDE MENU - It can be accessed through menu bar on top and a small arrow on the left top of the stage. This allows you to add more slides or duplicate and rearrange slides.

I hope it helps.

cheers
    Flashorama

20. mrwatcher1

Message Count:
    Thanks so much for the Help Flash ...

I tried the ( + ) on the SLIDEBAR and saved each, then clicked on EXPORT as SWF ... and it worked !!

Woohoo !

Thanks

GREG