shot in the dark....

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum' started by Skitzo, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Skitzo

Message Count:
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Just thinking about your project...a did a mock up of a design using the Blackletter font. The shirt blank you have shown it too busy to be able to carry such a font IMHO... the text would be totally lost.
  3. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Thanks KD - I think I just pcked the wrong font. On the shirt attached it kind of works - but it's kind of an off grey/black colour, not totally black or white. Furthermore, you cna't really see the bearcat skull with the colours I chose; BUT some people like that it's understated. Ha!

(couldn't find the flag graphic for the back so I'll abandon that part of it)

Attached Files:

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    I was thinking that a hiphop/skater look might really also be appeal to the kids. The font here is called"nosegrind". The font could have a more grudge look and still be readable.
    One of the things you could face with a template shirt design is the OVER scrutiny by the overzealous mind set looking for evil symbolism or what the consider objectionable material... anything that isn't sunshine, rainbows or lollipops...be sure of all the design images components before placing an order.Been there... done that and it broke my heart that the kids' were disappointed all because of a man in the moon image.
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    here is another good looking font that is called Newcastle in this remake... it is not a free font.
  6. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Those are great - I'll bring them to school for student council to see!
  7. KD-did

Message Count:
    There is an embedded font in TLC that you might want to take a look at called Ravenscroft.

The samples here are only 1/4 size of their original size. I can send you the 100% size for showing to student council to see if you prefer.
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Got a new look to show you!
  9. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Ohhh I like that second one especially!! I've talked to about a dozen screeners over the past week, and only one has the screens big enough to do the whole front of a shirt - not just a little logo. Their minimum order is 100 T's and I don't even know what the setup fee is. I wonder if I could order a bunch of iron on transfer thingies like they have in those mall booths.
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    Years ago when I was helping a friend run their Photo/Camera shop I used the commercial laser copier to make iron ons for all sorts of projects, they were far superior in my opinion because were made for the use of photos and they set fabric dye when ironed instead just adhering to the shirt.

The advantage was the copier allowed even a smaller design to be made 17X11
    without any color issues or fuzziness. One of the shops here in town would have me make the iron-ons and then use their iron.Having been away from the business for years I am not familiar with what the newer possibilities have been made since... but it maybe worth your time to check out your local laser copy shop.If you have an OfficeMax, Costco or Sam's they have the ability to get printing done also.

http://www.bestblanks.com/transferpapers.html
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    Yet another rendition.
  12. blackknight

Message Count:
    I don't know if this is helpful or not but in my work, sometimes I need folds or wrinkles in my backgrounds. What I do is find a photograph of cloth with folds in it and place this on the bottom of my canvas. I then take the solid color that I will use for my background and place this on top of the photograph. I set down the transparency so the top layer takes on the folds from below. You will be able to tell exactly how much you need to set your transparency. It will now look like you have a folded or wrinkled background of any color. If you had your flag shape you could trim it to fit if you have a vector program. Not sure if this is useful to you but hey, thats my two cents anyways.
    How are you Doug? Been a long time.
  13. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Geez BlackKnight - that sounds complicated :image06-2: That Canadian flag is gonna be the death of me... ya see, the design is longer vertically than horizontally - and it's all drooped and distressed. I just think it wold look really cool on the back of a T-Shirt. Team Punishment has it on the front of their T-Shirts.

In other news - screeners in this area do not have large enought screens. Odd, since this is the latest trend in shirts and has been for the past couple years.... looks like China is the supplier; no wonder Canadian companies are being left behind.
  14. KD-did

Message Count:
    A flag could be done using TLC first. This flag was constructed by using the embedded font "SHAPES" (letter r but you could also use a square) using gradient coloring. Adding a leaf coloring gradient again. Play with opacity and try it on both a black ground, textured and no background. Export. Now you can crop, add noise , change perspective and following Blackknight's suggestion with your editing software.

Just seems odd that one put a photo on a car (Car Wraps) which is laser printed on medium then applied to a car.

What makes the most sense at this point is having irons made at your local commercial photo copier place. The transfer medium comes double the size of the normal transfer papers and the design can be flip by the machine so it appears correctly. Once affixed to the shirt by ironing isn't inclined to fade or even be bleached out.

this latest one is suitable for both light and dark shirts.
  15. Jarred

Message Count:
    I just had Canadian flags a few days back. If you had asked them a few days before then I would definitely had helped you. Right now, I can only say sorry.