Seriously Now...

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by fuzz, Oct 14, 2004.

1. fuzz

Message Count:
    I purchased Corporate Edition 3 - my first purchase with this company - on Monday at 9pm Central time. I purchased it for a Mac, which it clearly states on the invoice from Digital River. They sent me the unlock code, and I downloaded the zipped file. Once it unzipped it turned out to be an exe file. Immediately tried to redownload it, but it was the same. I logged off, then tried to download again - same thing. I e-mailed for support - no response. I posted on this website - no reply. I called the phone number on the invoice. Again, no response. I am completely frustrated. If this is not solved by Friday-10/14 at Noon Central, I will be reporting this company as fraudulent and dispute the charge through my credit card.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Fuzz, sorry you haven't got an answer...but it would be best for you to send laughingbird (Marc Sylvester) a private message through his profile. Your e-mail may have been bounced or lost into cyber-space.

I was hoping another Mac user would have been able to help you out. Sorry but I am totally clueless on Mac download issues.

With Windows once unzipped one would double click on the setup file and installation would begin.
  3. fuzz

Message Count:
    The problem is that the unzipped file is a windows file - not a mac file.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    From FAQ's it looks like there aren't any differences except in the program that Macs use to unzip.

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry11?sp=10343&pn=1#q1
  5. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    I thought that MAC extensions for executables were different. I can't remember though, it's been many many years since I had access to a MAC.
    For some reason, the .sit extension is running through my head. I know it's a MAC extension but can't remember the specifics.
  6. fuzz

Message Count:
    .sit is a stuffit extension - it's basically a .zip package.
  7. fuzz

Message Count:
    A mac installer program should be a .pkg file - whereas Microsoft is .exe. The zipped file (.sit) is opening a .exe file - which is useless to me. Marc still has not contacted me. It has now been over 5 days. A far cry from the 5 minute claim on the order page. I tried to contact Digital River directly, but their troubleshooting form is giving me errors.

I am extremely furious.
  8. daredd

Message Count:
  9. fuzz

Message Count:
    Okay, I don't think any of you get this. I purchased the MAC VERSION of TLC. I received the PC VERSION. I am not going to buy a $300 program, and corrupt my mac with windows software, by purchasing virtual pc to run this $30 program.

All I want is the WORKING MAC VERSION OF TLC.

I was referred to this program by another mac user... who apparently received the right version.

And - on a side note, the Demo version works on my mac - so I know there is a working version - I just didn't receive that when I purchased corporate edition 3.
  10. jamirae

Message Count:
    fuzz,

word on the street is that Marc is taking care of your issue. :banana

Please let us know when things get straightened out for you. I hope this bumpy beginning doesnt keep you from using the program. I'd love to see some of your work with TLC.
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Fuzz. I've just sent you an email and I've written you a private message. I hope by now you've recieved them both.

I truly want to appologize for not getting back to you in a timely manner.
    I've been off line for a good 10 days and it's been rough.

I hope that the PM and email I sent has taken care of the issue. I've checked your account and it appears that the "Windows" button was accidently pressed instead of the "Mac" button.

I've checked the server and all is well there. The Mac version is in the Mac area, the PC version is in the PC area.

Let me know if you have any other questions Fuzz.
    again, I'm sorry for not getting to you in a timely fashion.

- Marc
  12. fuzz

Message Count:
    Marc,

The order confirmation/invoice does say Version: Mac 9/Mac OSX - I sent you an e-mail with the full code from the invoice.

Thanks for your help,
    Fuzz
  13. fuzz

Message Count:
    Just to Prove I'm Not Crazy

Just to prove that I am not crazy, attached is a screenshot from the order confirmation (personal info/unlock code blurred out)

Attached Files:

14. jamirae

Message Count:
    well I never thought you were crazy! :)

So I take it Marc got you all 'squared away', eh?
  15. fuzz

Message Count:
    All taken care of.

Thanks.