SEO what NOT to dos

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by KD-did, Jan 17, 2009.

1. KD-did

Message Count:
  2. Linad

Message Count:
    Great info. Thanks for sharing.
  3. Larycom

Message Count:
    good post

thanks for the tips
  4. eStragand

Message Count:
    I didn't see it listed on either site, but what's the accepted verdict for ALT tags? Do they help or hinder your SEO tactis?
  5. Wicked

Message Count:
    Basically it just depends on how you use them. Fact is that they can not hurt anything unless you intentionally try to use them for evil. For example lets say your site is about a book your sell. Rather than adding meta tags about your book you know that people search for video games much more than books for sale. So you lie and say in your meta tags that your site is about video games just to get visitors. That is the wrong thing to do. Back in the day people were able to do that do make unpopular sites popular. Now days it is about irrelevant. Now I know I spun away from your original question but I got side tracked. The same thing stands for your ALT tags. They do help and are actually required to be code compliant on your html, or other type of code document. You are actually supposed to have ALT tags. However they do need to be relevant. Meaning the ALT tags needs to be relevant with whats going on with your site. Sorry I ran off on a tangent there. ALT tags do not hinder your SEO tactics unless improper use is being made of them.

W3C is typically the standard for code compliance.
    http://validator.w3.org/
  6. mans123

Message Count:
    thanks for sharing such a helpful materiel... the people who are new to the SEO business get guidance fro such resources.
  7. copcop

Message Count: