saving and edit templates issue...

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by BNDAZ, Dec 13, 2009.

1. BNDAZ

Message Count:
    in process of creating some logos i have run into some issues and questions.
    I open a new logo and start to work, i save it as a template so i can reopne it later and work on it.
    At some point after changes have been made i save it as template " again and just chose the original file name so it over writes it.
    The problem i am having is that when i reopen logo creator ,navigate to "my logos" the "thumbnail" so to speak of the logo shows as just the original logo i saved, perhaps just a blank logo with a colored background.

Is there something i am missing when saving an opened template so that it will appear in the menu as it is rather than as it was?

I notice in the folder where templates are stored, there are several files for each template
    a .tlc and a _i.jpg and a _j.jpg

what are they for and what should i re save so the correct thumbnail appears?
  2. BNDAZ

Message Count:
    Any thoughts on this?
    I am still having issues with re-saving templates that have changed.
    The thumbnail image that appears in the menu of "my Templates" still appears as the OLD image.
    I don't understand why it doesn't change when i re-save the modified template by "save as template" the choosing the OLD file name and overwriting...
  3. BNDAZ

Message Count:
    i just looked at the folder with the saved tlc templates( My Templates) and the thumbnails _i.jpg and a _j.jpg still appear as the OLD template there.
    when i browse the templates normally and choose one they appear as the old template, but when i click on the one i think i want and open it it appears as the NEW version..
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    I am sorry that this post does not compliment a solution or explanation but I just wanted to say I have experienced that same thing..

Actually here is whats going on I think. When first save a project (.tlc file) it generates the .tlc and 2 thumbnail images. One of these thumbnail images are used as the image when browsing through "My templates" that shows you the thumbnails of everything you have made. What happens is that the thumbnails are only generated once upon the first creation and save of the file. Every time you save it after it only updates the .tlc file and does not overwrite the thumbnail images. You could try removing the thumbnail images for a particular file. Reopen that file and save it again and perhaps with the thumbnail images missing it may generate new updated thumbnails.
  5. BNDAZ

Message Count:
    i am going to try to delete the thumbnails and re-save just to see what happens, but i think what i am going to do is re-save each change using a slightly different "version" in the name and just delete the old version manually.

that said this seems like a bug that should be resolved in the coding.

Update:
    Deleting the thumbs makes the template disappear from the options...
    saving with a new name obviously worked
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    The save of the TLC's .tlc format ...template changes is detected as apart of the way the program works, however, without changing the name or locations of the save the program... the file is normally seen by all programs as already being there.... and will not overwrite it automatically. Having to changing the name allows saving several version of the same file name so that you can compare the files.