Runtime Error

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by RedBeard, Jun 18, 2006.

1. RedBeard

Message Count:
    I'm still using the 3.6 version, and now all of a suden I'm getting a runtime error everytime I try to add text.

See screen shoot for error

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

Message Count:
    RedBeard, welcome to the forum..when a problem appears all of a sudden and wasn't an issue before I find that the problem usually isn't associated with the program I am using.Timing out errors in TLC in the past have been asssociated with getting downloads with Norton's/McAfee's running at the time of downloads.I no longer allow automatic updating on my computer because too often I was clueless that an update had taken place and it was the source of a problem.

Have you recenly re-downloaded TLC again?

Does the error happen with both embedded and system fonts.. or is just one particular font?

You could try and see if a cold reboot clears the problem.

How many other applications were running while trying to run TLC? Resources can be temporarily stretched which will trigger errors.

You might want to check for adware/spyware on your computer.

If worse comes to worse you can uninstall TLC, get a FRESH download of your 3.6 http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm
    The nice thing is your TLC files will not be lost but any corrupt TLC files should get fixed with a fresh download.
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Or, perhaps you should upgrade.
    KD has some good suggestions above, but upgrading to version 4 should work as well.

I don't know why you would be working with version 3 for years, and suddenly have it stop working on you.

Upgrade to v4 (free) here:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/update41.html
  4. RedBeard

Message Count:
    I have reistalled, cold booted as you suggested and still having the same problem. (Sorry should have mentioned I've been useing this program for 3-4 yrs)

I only get this error when I "ADD NEW TEXT"

and when I have changed the canvus size!

I will be upgrading soon, but I have 8 logos that I need to finish and everythime I open the TLC file I get this error, otherwise I will have to start all over in making the 8 logos.
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    I can understand your not wanting to update your TLC to 4.1 as some embedded fonts will be lost due to changes in licensing issues. But if you aren't using those fonts your TLC files should be abled to be opened with TLC V4.1. Just make sure that the association is set so that V4.1 opens .tlc files.

Before having to reconstruct the work you have already done..I might be able to give you a work around. Instead of "adding new text" try duplicating text, backspace and write new text..make adjustments for size, color and/or font (if needed).