Running Slow

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by signal99, Nov 17, 2003.

1. signal99

Message Count:
    Last night I purchased 3 software packages. I've been playing with the software all day and I am starting to get frustrated with how slow the software is and how much memory it eats up.

I am running XP Pro on a P3 733MHz with 384 MB of RAM which should be more than enough for this software.

Everytime I try and change font details the software takes a coffee break before finishing my request.
  2. signal99

Message Count:
    Update

Alright, after adding more Ram I am now up to 512 MB of Ram. Although it is not as slow as before, the software still runs choppy? What am I doing wrong?
  3. Lats

Message Count:
    You could try a gig or RAM, that's what I have :)

I also have a P3 800 on XP Pro, and it runs a little slow, although the program is doing a lot of work.

I find every media application I use would benefit from a better processor :(
  4. signal99

Message Count:
    Unreal

A GIG RAM!!! I wish I knew this software needed a GIG of Ram to run properly before I purchased it. I had no plans to purchase that much ram since all of my other software programs such as Photoshop, Fireworks, and Paint Shop Pro run just fine with what I have now.

Unfortuantly I was excited about the affiliate program however there is no way I can push a product that requires so much hardware. Oh well, a lesson learned I guess.
  5. Lats

Message Count:
    Don't get me wrong, it doesn't need a gig, but like everything else, the more RAM, the better.

As I mentioned, all media apps take some time on my pc, but I'm not in a hurry, so it doesn't matter.
  6. DOdO

Message Count:
    You could try defragmenting your hard drive and closing all unnecessary programs that are running in the background (using Ctrl + Alt + Del). It may help increase performance a bit.
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Re: Unreal

Hi Sig.

The Logo Creator (v3.0) uses vectors to actually create your text. They're not true text letter - they're vector shapes like you'd make in Adobe Illustrator.

It takes a while to render each letter.

The best suggestion is to create small text without any outlines or shadows first. Choose your font while your text is small.

Then add outlines, shadows and such.

Also, make sure you update your software. We've added a quicker rendering engine in v3.1 - you can update (free) by selecting the 'window' menu and choosing "check for internet updates"

Unfortuntatly, the slower your computer is, the slower the render will be. However, your XP machine should be fine. I've only got 250Mb ram in my text machine, you've got more Ram - wondering if you've got another program in the background running like Office 2000 or some such.

Hope this helps a bit!

Lats' suggestion of more Ram is right on, but - as he said - it's not nesassary.

- Marc
  8. signal99

Message Count:
    Thanks Guys

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep chugging away until I can get this thing running smooth.
  9. dream master

Message Count:
    Re: Update

software works fine for me. i have a 1.8ghz and only 256M of ram.