Run Time Error

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by DHS, Nov 29, 2004.

1. DHS

Message Count:
    Ok I've been learning this program for a few days, Its great! Love it!

Now I went to make a logo with an image that I imported into the logo and then I saved it, so I could import it into another logo, that didn't work.
    So I went to reopen the logo and I'm getting a C++ Runtime Error everytime and the program shuts down! SO now I can't even reopen the logo to save it as a png or gif so I can import it into a different logo!

Any sugesstions?
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
  3. DHS

Message Count:
    I tried to click on the link but all I got Is that I do Not Have permission to view that page!
  4. jamirae

Message Count:
    here's the info, DHS. Looks like Katie linked you to one of the moderator/admin messages. (oops!)

+++++++++++++++
    Solving run time error:

Cause:
    Saving a logo deep into your hard drive (for example:

Folder 1 > Folder 2 > long folder name 3 > folder 4 > another long folder name 5 > MyLogo.tlc

works.

But!
    Trying to open this same logo from this file structure will cause a Runtime error! And a crash!

Solution:
    Save your logo to a folder on your desktop (or a folder that's not TOO deep into your computer).

++++++++++++++++++

let us know if that works for ya! :)
  5. Imani2005

Message Count:
    I just purchased the Mega Pak about a week ago and now I keep getting run time errors. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software three times and have tried saving the logo to my desktop to no avail. Every time I click on add this text I get an error and the program shuts down. PLease help. I am a bit discouraged and disappointed right now.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Imani2005, runtime errors have several different causes and some causes may vary depending on your OS.In some cases Norton-antivirus 2002 caused problems Providing information like what OS you use, what edition either retail or download version or mixture there of and what anti-viral you use can help you get a solution to most problems.

The number one cause of a runtime error message is adware/spyware which attaches itself to files which in essence renames files. Runtime error messages can happen if resource are stretched too thin because of programs running in the backgroud.
  7. Imani2005

Message Count:
    Thanks for responding! I have a windows xp operating system and I am using the download version. I ordered the back up CD and I am still waiting for its arrival. I just scanned my system for spyware and have removed all infected items. I am going to try to download the software again. Let me know if you have any other tips. I really like the logo templates and can't wait to get started.