Response

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by bonus, Sep 3, 2005.

1. bonus

Message Count:
    OK, what's the trick here???
    I've sent emails to "Marc", but I get only automated responses.
    I spent $30 on this software and I can't register it, get the "free gift" or find any manual for using it. I went to the tutorial, but it doesn't explain all of the functions that are on the tool bar.

Is this just some sort of rip-off? :attention
  2. Chris

Message Count:
    Can't register it? What does it do when you try and register it?
  3. bonus

Message Count:
    Nothing.
    It asked if I wanted to register, and then nothing.
    Can't find out what the controls are on this program.
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
  5. bonus

Message Count:
    KD-did

I've been there. What do the controls such as lock and unlock do?????????
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    It literally locks things together...and of course if you have a lock you must be able to unlock. The unlock feature will be used if an automatic lock happens.Usually when someone chooses to lock their design it is because they want to keep that portion as is but may want to add an image or additional text around in the portion of the design they have locked.
  7. bonus

Message Count:
    Gee, thanks.

Shouldn't that be in a manual somewhere????
    Do I have to ask about every feature???
    How does lock (and unlock) work?
    How do I tell the program which items I want to lock or unlock?????

How about grouping???
    How do I adjust other things???
    This has got to be the first software company I have ever dealt with that expects me to know how to run their software intuitively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    I do understand your frustration...and there plans in the works for an online manual. In my experience TLC is the easiest program I have ever used.With close to 100 programs onboard that is saying something.The reason the forum was added for Hints and Tips was because questions usually arise while people are in the process of working on a logo and need to get quick answers. But when you launch TLC...if you go to "Web Help" there is a short and very informative tutorial there.

Which format are you, PC or Mac?
  9. bonus

Message Count:
    PC

Been to the web site.
    Doesn't tell me how to work these things.
    I hear there is a manual in the works.
    Will it be available before the weekend is over so I can learn how to use this @#$$#@ program?
  10. bonus

Message Count:
    I admit I don't write software, but I thought part of the process was to provide instructions for the user.s BEFORE the software gets updated with something new.

How come "Marc" doesn't respond to emails?
    There is another post from somebody else asking the same question.!!!!!
    I have sent more than one.
    I have gotten automated responses, but not answers.

Did Homer Simpson write the manual???
    :Homer:
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    The best way to make sure you get an answer is to send Marc (username laughingbird) a PM...his email box fill up very quickly with customers showing off their logos so some emails can get lost to cyberspace.
  12. Borpean

Message Count:
    Bonus,

As KD-did mentioned, the "web help" button is very useful. Also what is very helpful is the Logo Creator Help Center or "Instant Support".
    This can be found on the home page of http://www.thelogocreator.com Lower left hand side of the page.

Click on that and you will be taken to another page where there is a drop down menu. There, you find only the top most asked questions as well as "where is the manual". If you do not see your question in the drop down section there are more links to help you with your problem. If you still can't find the answers you are looking for, the link pointing you to this forum is of great help.
    Understand that this is not a large corporation. This has been pointed out throughout all products and website.

That said, when this software has a major upgrade or makes changes to it's functions a whole new print manual will be needed. It takes time and money to compile a complete printed manual with pictures etc, to be inserted in every box as well as for every upgrade or new feature.
    This forum and online support is the best resource for getting what you need fast. There is a small 'online manual' to get you started and familiar with TLC on the web help of the TLC software.

No, this software does not expect you to know how to run it intuitively. Most of the functions on this software are self explanatory and falls into the same category as most other imaging software in that some of the functions are universal. Such as selecting an object (mouse click) and then viewing in the menu bar at top to see if you want to unlock, lock or group an object. If you are unfamiliar with imaging software or how to use their functions, the selecting and grouping is still pretty much universal in most software used. Again, help from other customers or staff is very helpful if one cannot be in direct contact with the creator of TLC and other LaughingBird products.

I hope this helps and good luck.
  13. Borpean

Message Count:
    By the way, Homer Simpson will not be completing the manual by the end of the weekend. Homer Simpson is and will be Homer Simpson.
  14. blackknight

Message Count:
    Hello bonus, above you have received very good advice and I hope that helps. I must repeat, PM don't e.mail. You are in the right spot for answers as there a wealth of knowledge for almost anything in the forum. When I first bought my software I didn't know much about the software. There was a manual in the box but I found it fun instead of frustrating to discover how this thing worked. I quickly found out that the program really was one of the easiest out there as I tried to operate corel and photoshop and needed a degree to get by. I welcome you to the forum and ask you to have just a little patience and pm Marc as he really is a good fellow to deal with and you will get your answers.
  15. blackknight

Message Count:
    Bonus, at first I have found that when I go lock and then unlock I would be able to place the curser anywhere on the logo and the logo would be able to be centred on the canvas but since I have learned that if you take your curser and drag the icon over the whole logo then go under modify and press the "group" button that it would hold the design together and you would be able to move the whole thing around and centre it where you want it. When you get it where you want it then you can ad other componants as you see fit. Also at times for some reason the design would lock up when I wanted to adjust a componant within my logo, so in this case I would do one of 2 things: I could go under modify and press either new image or text element and bring up the element that I could delete later or press lock then unlock and that would free up the design so it could be moved around. I would really like to see your results after you pm mark and get this thing down. We are more than willing to help out. Best of luck. :Homer:
  16. bigrod

Message Count:
    Force to Purchase?

Bonus,

I've found the forums to be very helpful and any questions I've asked have been promptly answered. The software is pretty user-friendly, I was able to create logos within minutes of first using the program...as a matter of fact, one I created was chosen as our logo and is appearing on t-shirts, in slide-shows, etc.

Abusing the moderators, being condescending to the owner and just acting all-around rude is not the best way to get support. Last time I checked, we all chose to purchase this software of our own free will, nobody forced us to buy it!

Keep playing around, you'll figure more and more out!
  17. bonus

Message Count:
    Well, thanks for the timely comment.
    I sent many emails before I posted this!
    I was NOT forced to buy the software, however, I can't recall ever buying software that did not come with instructions.
    If you find my comment rude, you should have been on my end trying to make things work without the benefit of instructions.
  18. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Bigrod!
    (your name cracked me up)

Very nice post.
    I appreciated it greatly. Thanks for having my back :D

Bonus!
    I thought you were happy bro!

I eMailed you a few times and thought all was well.
    I'm sorry you're still a bit frustrated. ... yes, I know it may be a bit frustrating without a manual, but I've got a TON of info on how to use the software. There's a tutorial movie (pull down the "web help" menu and choose "Short tutorial"), I've got samples on the web site, and this forum blows even ME away with the creativity from other users.

The Logo Creator was meant to be easy. Point, click, drag, push buttons, done. But, I can see where it gets a bit murky without explicit instructions.
    After my next update of The Logo Creator (I'm working on version 4.5) - I'll have the manual ready.

In the meantime, care to ask a few questions? I'd be happy to help, and I'm sure you'll get instant answers from any of the 5,000 members here in the forum.

- Marc
  19. bonus

Message Count:
    I wasn't complaining.
    Apparently the other guy came along a month after the fact and decided to wade in. I simply was responding to him.
    By the way,
    I sent several emails that were NEVER responded to and that is what generated this thread.
  20. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Ah.
    Fair enough Bonus. :D

... I am working on a manual!
    Hang in there - you're not the only one wishing for this.

- Marc