RESOLVED Unlock Keys and Activation Codes

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by gorawallah, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorawallah

Message Count:
    :complaintFor my first and, (possibly) only post on this forum, I find myself having to agree and sympathize with ecdumchus (How do I get my activation codes?) posted on 25th February 2009, 09:45 PM . I too purchased TLC (Corporate Edition) v5.2 outright without first trialling the software. I did so on the recommendation of a fellow amateur web designer. I paid for the software with a credit card and within a few minutes received confirmation of the transaction and a copy of the receipt by email. I also received an invitation to register my software, (which I did) and a welcoming letter from Marc Sylvester. (Thank you, Marc). I received nothing from Digital River. I then discovered that the software requires an unlock code to run properly. According to the very helpful FAQ this can "usually" be found somewhere in the body of the email confirming the order. I checked and re-checked mine - no mention of an unlock key or code. I then "looked up" my order as recommended and searched in vain for the elusive key or code. I re-downloaded the program until Digital River told me that I had run out of downloads. Still no joy. I eventually resorted to emailing Laughingbird Software Support for help. So far I have sent three emails without response and was about to send my fourth when posting this here on Rants and Raves occurred to me. From what I read on these pages, ecdumchus and I do not seem to be the only ones confounded by this annoying little problem.
    The fact is, I really like the software. It is inovative, well-designed and eminently fit for purpose. I would probably purchase another one or possibly two sets if someone - anyone, could provide me with an unlock key or code for my copy of the program. How about it, LaughingBird?​
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Re: Unlock Keys and Activation Codes

gorawallah, really the best way to communicate with Marc is send a PM (private message). Recently within someone forwarded me their emails they received and saw that the key wasn't obvious in the email but it was in the email they received. It wasn't labeled as expected ("key or activation code") but as something else and was placed towards the bottom of the email. If you send Marc a PM he will restart your download count again and provide you with a key.

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=903

I was able to help the member out because I was forwarded the communications they received and I knew what to look for. But I have no way of starting the download count over.
  3. gorawallah

Message Count:

Thanks KD-did. I am happy to tell you (and anyone else interested in this thread) that this matter has been resolved entirely to my satisfaction ex forum. The Director, Marc Sylvester has already responded personally to my complaint with an unreserved apology on behalf of his software distribution agency and a very kind and generous offer of a free Logo edition for my troubles. I am delighted to accept of course, and look forward to enjoying my software in the furure. As Forum Admin, would you now like to close this thread?

Best Regards.

Every now and then, we all need a kick in the pants - anon.:image28:
  4. KD-did

Message Count:

Instead of key or activation code as I recall it was under Digital Rights on the email but there may have been some changes since then . After the recent database failures and other problems may have effected outgoing emails.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.